• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta AE is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yikes!!! Didn't realize so many DL guys and gals were out in the Puget Sound. We'll see how this all shakes out. My preference would be continue the Asia Interport flying, which will probably go to from MSP to SEA. Thanks again for the info.

There are TONS of senior guys living in SEA and PDX (since PDX was a former base), and most commute to LA or SLC. Those bases could empty, although a lot live in Park City (base housing it is called) and don't move from there either. Some guys living in SEA commute to NYC to fly the ER (2 monthly 6 day trips and they are done).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Commuting to Delta Reserve is the sh?ts! Sit in a bucket system according to your "raw" value and get used for a one-leg two day trip after sitting short call away from home for two to three days. I recommend only bidding for categories you know you can hold at least 75-78% in the cat. or move to a base...DTW, ATL, NYC, LAX, SLC, MIN, MEM,SEA there has to be a place that will work until you get kicked out and have to commute to NYC or ATL :)

I think that one thing a lot of guys are forgetting is this. Many of the guys currently on the ER or 767 in ATL will have the seniority to hold the ER in NYC. What this means is that in essence your pay protection will be nil if you go to the MD-88 in ATL. Only the very junior pilots may see some protection from this part of the contract.
With over 150 below me, I know that there is no way that my seniority will not hold it.

DO you have 150 below you in the category or on the System seniority list?

Not sure what your beef is with Delta technology. We have a web-based system you can do anything from any computer you can do in the crew room. They were the first to implement gate info screens, auto agent free rebooking, kiosks, and other passenger conveiniences. We can just look at the onboard passenger experience to see who should be playing 1999.

While I agree with some of the accomplishments you post about Delta Technology, as a former ground employee here and now a pilot I can tell you that our systems here are not where they should be. Continentals CCS is way better than what we have with a much better web based interface in respect to crew interface. What we have is a bunch of band aids that are slowly bringing us to be current. I can honestly say its getting better. I personally like a lot of the things that NWA guys have in their contract. I think if we can mix a lot of these things in 2012 we will be in better shape moving forward.

ACL65,

What's that thing that looks like a Christmas Bow below your profile?

My understanding is that it is AIM for AOL. (See you can contact me directly if you so choose. Not that I am ever on that account....)

OK... I thought it might be what was on the bottom of your shoe after stepping on ClippyYip.

So when these bids coming out?

When they come out. Not a second before. I am sure that they are going to be taking a very hard look at the results...

Latest resources

Back