• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 767 Emerg in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Awww... You're such a bad ass. That's adorable.

So is the dc9. Such a cute lil thing. Probably like you pu**ycat. I bet you don't have any trouble at all gettin some on your overnights, what with all the male fa's these days.

Bus load of nuns pulled on to the runway.

Don't you have to do a single engine go-around? That's all I ever do in the sim.

I'm willing to bet that when you do your single engine go around the plane isn't at max gross, and what was the wx at the time. Still no one said why they had to do the go around, I guessed wx induced, which I am sure again in the sim you aren't doing it with gusty winds etc. usually a 10 knot crosswind with no tbnc, etc. Not knowing all the factors that lead to this and knowing how sluggish a single engine ga at max wt, also not knowing why the first engine failed. many factors. and looking at what happened to BA in England. I am sure they were very professional and obviously everything went fine, but there is still an increase in stress with the go around single engine depending on the circumstances......

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with those that say this is no big deal. We train for this stuff, we've been doing it for decades (some of us anyway), the airplane is very capable of it. It's no big deal.

Ohhhh, ahhhhh, impressive stuff!!

Scaaaaary!! How did they ever survive?

You know, 1/2 of you pilots need to grow a set! Be real men people. And we wonder why the media makes such a big thing over NON-events like this. An engine out on a 767 is hardly an emergency as the title of this thread would suggest. Be a pilot and fly the plane, it will fly fine.

Try repossessing a 727 from the bowels of Africa while being shot at, beginning your takeoff roll with only 2 engines up, while starting the 3rd while on the roll. I'll take the "inconvenience" of an engine out on a Delta 767 over Atlanta everyday of the week.

If some of you guys find an engine out on a 767 with a go-around at 400 feet an impressive feat, so be it. Just please don't ooh and ahhh about it on a public message board as it only shows your inexperience.

I wouldn't bash on those people who thing a single engine go-around is pucker-factor situation. Especially coming from a guy that looks like he has bad judgement himself. Who in their right mind would ever take a job that has you under fire in a 727 in Africa. Maybe you ought to look at your own judgments making skills.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bash on those people who thing a single engine go-around is pucker-factor situation. Especially coming from a guy that looks like he has bad judgement himself. Who in their right mind would ever take a job that has you under fire in a 727 in Africa. Maybe you ought to look at your own judgments making skills.

Yeah no kidding!

It appears once again pilots used their training, skills, experience, abilities and judgement to professionally execute an emergency procedure. Instead of bashing, why don't we take the high ground by making the point that some pilot just saved the Company and its insurers around 20 to 25 Billion dollars (wrongful death claims being worth 5 to 10 million each on average in the US these days).

Whoever it is, pay them more. A Doctor could not save that many lives in a year.

It's all in a days work for pilots. I don't care who you fly for - all that need be said is - good job!

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that when you do your single engine go around the plane isn't at max gross, and what was the wx at the time. Still no one said why they had to do the go around, I guessed wx induced, which I am sure again in the sim you aren't doing it with gusty winds etc. usually a 10 knot crosswind with no tbnc, etc. Not knowing all the factors that lead to this and knowing how sluggish a single engine ga at max wt, also not knowing why the first engine failed. many factors. and looking at what happened to BA in England. I am sure they were very professional and obviously everything went fine, but there is still an increase in stress with the go around single engine depending on the circumstances......

The weather was VFR with calm winds and the aircraft had about 75K pounds of fuel on board. A SE go around is not a big deal but it I just think something big must of happened to make a call to go missed. Even though we have all done it in the sim, I dont think anybody here would really want to try it out in the field.

A SE go around is not a big deal....
In an RJ, it isn't.

You flew the E120. Put a swept wing on it, so that it rolls much more with rudder, and an unfeathered prop (fan) on the dead engine. Unless you have flown it.... IMHO doing a SE missed in either of those airplanes is a "big deal."

How do you know the fuel on board? Know why they went missed? Where's General Lee when there is a 767 story to chime in on?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back