• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 767 Emerg in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are we talking about a SE go-around? Big friggin' deal.

Lose the second engine on-the-go.....then we can have a discussion.

Bus Load of Nuns on the runway.... Go Around!!

Then there was Ice Cream Truck on the Runway....!! Go Around!

Any other good 'excuses' from the Sim instructor to go around?

I've faced enough emergencies in my career to know that things don't always fail "the right way" like they do in the sim and that any emergency has the potential to go bad very quickly.

The Alaska Airlines MD-80 accident started out as a perceived pitch trim malfunction. Al Haynes Sioux City accident started out as a loss of engine 2.

But now more than ever training time is crammed with more useless info like watching you low vis taxi for 20 minutes instead of putting you in unusual failure modes and forcing you to figure out what's gone wrong.

Agreed!!

Skyboy722 said:
Listen up, skygod... This is not a private pilot ground school class you're talking to.

sure sounds like it at times.

Skyboy722 said:
Your comments above are offensive and arrogant.

I'm an offensive and arrogant kinda guy. What do ya want from me?

BLing said:
For those of you bashing pipejockey, you are entitled to you opinion. However if you have never flown in Africa, you are clueless to the way of life here. What he descibes is not an everyday event like he tries to make out, but regardless theres a reason for the term us expats here use: TIA, This is Africa!

Thanks BLing! I know you probably weren't intending to defend me, and understandably so. As skyboy said, I am arrogant and offensive, and maybe even a tad bit abrasive. Maybe even almost as much as the military pilots :D And hey, stay safe over there!!

Agreed!!

sure sounds like it at times.

I'm an offensive and arrogant kinda guy. What do ya want from me?

Thanks BLing! I know you probably weren't intending to defend me, and understandably so. As skyboy said, I am arrogant and offensive, and maybe even a tad bit abrasive. Maybe even almost as much as the military pilots :D And hey, stay safe over there!!

I'll respect and defend all my African brothas! Even if I dont agree with some of the things that go on here, the job must get done...

I even respect for those Russian guys flying those overweight broken down Antonov 12's all over hell and back. I guess they get paid by the kilogram... Poor bastards!

Single engine goes aren't free. Maybe if Delta pilots flew a better jet they wouldn't lose $6.7 Billion a quarter.

Not free; but still 50% cheaper than 2 engine goes.

Latest resources

Back