• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 767 Emerg in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Early reports say that it sucked in some DAL ego, which has been wafting up from ATL like farts from a bean cooking contest, causing the flame out.

Film at 11....

Nu

Heyas Nu:
I hear that they had to go around cause some POS little dc-9 missed the high speed.
Maybe next time you won't miss it because you were too busy painting your nails!:laugh:

Heyas Nu:
I hear that they had to go around cause some POS little dc-9 missed the high speed.
Maybe next time you won't miss it because you were too busy painting your nails!:laugh:

No, they were both fixated on why the building that houses the Delta MEC offices has all those antennae on the roof and a black helicopter that swoops by on a regular basis. Hmmmm, what could they be doing in there?

Last edited:
Heyas Nu:

Is this really necessary? Knock off the BS, we will pulling gear for each other soon.

Is this really necessary? Knock off the BS, we will pulling gear for each other soon.

You're right, comments like this aren't really necessary, and totally uncalled for!

NuGuy said:
Early reports say that it sucked in some DAL ego, which has been wafting up from ATL like farts from a bean cooking contest, causing the flame out.

Film at 11....

Nu

Not really too surprised...I was airlining back from Vegas last year on a DL 767 and we lost one on the approach into ATL. They did the same thing, went around and came back in, textbook. No big deal, just like the sim. Now if they had an inflight fire or explosive decompression, that would be a big deal, the 767 doesn't seem to have any problems with single engine go arounds.

Ohhhh, ahhhhh, impressive stuff!!

Scaaaaary!! How did they ever survive?

You know, 1/2 of you pilots need to grow a set! Be real men people. And we wonder why the media makes such a big thing over NON-events like this. An engine out on a 767 is hardly an emergency as the title of this thread would suggest. Be a pilot and fly the plane, it will fly fine.

Try repossessing a 727 from the bowels of Africa while being shot at, beginning your takeoff roll with only 2 engines up, while starting the 3rd while on the roll. I'll take the "inconvenience" of an engine out on a Delta 767 over Atlanta everyday of the week.

If some of you guys find an engine out on a 767 with a go-around at 400 feet an impressive feat, so be it. Just please don't ooh and ahhh about it on a public message board as it only shows your inexperience.

Nice story. All of us military and former military got a good chuckle out of your "time in harms way."

BTW..I was a Msn Commander in Africa in 2002/2003 when 727s were being repo'd. What we had in store for you was much worse than the natives had you flown our way. A rogue airliner is suspected to be a threat these days.

A SE go around is not a big deal but it I just think something big must of happened to make a call to go missed.

Something big doesn't necessarily have to happen to make a call to go missed, particularly with a single engine. For example, what if he felt uncomfortable in the approach, wasn't set up just right, whatever, it doesn't matter, the right thing to do is to swallow some pride, not press a bad situation or try and salvage an approach, but make the call early and go around.

I'm not saying that's what happened, it could have been anything, a passenger got up, the cabin wasn't ready, tower told them to go around for whatever reason, I don't know. The only thing I want to say is that it's not the end of the world to go missed, even if it's self enduced due to a bad start on the approach. Just don't ever press the situation, particularly when your dealing with a major malfunction or bad weather.

An engine out on a 767 is hardly an emergency as the title of this thread would suggest. Be a pilot and fly the plane, it will fly fine.

Would you write to my training department and tell them when we can declare emergencies? I'd really hate to have those shiny yellow trucks come out for nothing, gas prices being so high and all.

If only you could come up with some guidelines. . . hey how about this:

6-1-2. Emergency Condition- Request Assistance Immediately
a. An emergency can be either a distress or urgency condition as defined in the Pilot/Controller Glossary. Pilots do not hesitate to declare an emergency when they are faced with distress conditions such as fire, mechanical failure, or structural damage. However, some are reluctant to report an urgency condition when they encounter situations which may not be immediately perilous, but are potentially catastrophic. An aircraft is in at least an urgency condition the moment the pilot becomes doubtful about position, fuel endurance, weather, or any other condition that could adversely affect flight safety. This is the time to ask for help, not after the situation has developed into a distress condition.
b. Pilots who become apprehensive for their safety for any reason should request assistance immediately. Ready and willing help is available in the form of radio, radar, direction finding stations and other aircraft. Delay has caused accidents and cost lives. Safety is not a luxury! Take action!

Wait, that won't work - there's nothing in there about being a real man, or real man-like woman.

Ohhhh, ahhhhh, impressive stuff!!

Scaaaaary!! How did they ever survive?

You know, 1/2 of you pilots need to grow a set! Be real men people. And we wonder why the media makes such a big thing over NON-events like this. An engine out on a 767 is hardly an emergency as the title of this thread would suggest. Be a pilot and fly the plane, it will fly fine.

Try repossessing a 727 from the bowels of Africa while being shot at, beginning your takeoff roll with only 2 engines up, while starting the 3rd while on the roll. I'll take the "inconvenience" of an engine out on a Delta 767 over Atlanta everyday of the week.

If some of you guys find an engine out on a 767 with a go-around at 400 feet an impressive feat, so be it. Just please don't ooh and ahhh about it on a public message board as it only shows your inexperience.

Oooohhh, Ahhhh, aren't you cool!!!! GMAFB!

Nobody said it was a big deal. But it is rare. So some people want to come here and talk about it. Instead, you take it as an opportunity to show us all how much we need to "grow some" and how much better than all of us you are. HA! I'm laughing my a$$ off right now! Dork!

Latest resources

Back