• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 10/29 Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey they did it to the first three classes that they hired. There are still some of us up there. They will hold you for six months and then you will get to go where you want to.
The AE should be out on Thurs. or early next week at the latest. Bid off of it then.

I live near NYC so I'm looking forward to any aircraft up there. I'm just trying to figure out if people are trying to get out of there as a result of their aircraft assignment (primarily MD-88) or because they don't want to live in the pricey NYC area.

Skyward80

I live near NYC so I'm looking forward to any aircraft up there. I'm just trying to figure out if people are trying to get out of there as a result of their aircraft assignment (primarily MD-88) or because they don't want to live in the pricey NYC area.

Skyward80

Probably a combination of both, not wanting the MD88 Shuttle type trips, and not living near there. If you already live there, then great. If you live in BOS or DC, then you would love the Shuttle because you can fly trips that have you home every night. But, if you want more interesting trips and live in the NE, then you should bid the 767ER, (INTL) which is going to newhires too. There are 8 24 hour short calls per month (meaning you need to be near JFK, within 2 hours or a reasonable amount of time) for the ER, which is different than domestic reserve. Again, if you live near there, then you are golden. If you are a line holder on the ER, then again you are golden. If you don't live there or have a crash pad and are on reserve, it can be tough, which is why it is junior. But, we are adding a lot of new cities next Spring from JFK (London Heathrow, Tel Aviv, Amman, Cairo, Malaga, Lyon, Edinburough, Dakar, Nairobi, Cape Town, Lagos, etc), which will add many new lines, and a 777 base too (going to Narita and Mumbai), which will have senior 767 pilots moving up for the pay----so a lot of things will be happening in NYC. If you live near there, you will enjoy it a lot. And if you get tired of INTL flying, you can always bid back to the MD88 or the 737-800 and fly domestically out of NYC too. Options are good.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
just checking.....anyone getting hired with just an Associates degree? probably out of my mind even asking......oh well.

A buddy of mine asked and they told him No. You need a Bachelor's degree from a accredited university. They use a certain Boards Accreditation, but I cannot think of the name off the top of my head.

A buddy of mine asked and they told him No. You need a Bachelor's degree from a accredited university. They use a certain Boards Accreditation, but I cannot think of the name off the top of my head.

According to pilotyip, you do need to go to college if you want to be an airline pilot. Guess it depends on which airline you want to work for!

just checking.....anyone getting hired with just an Associates degree? probably out of my mind even asking......oh well.
If you don't have a Bachelors degree they won't even pull your stuff off of Airline Apps to review it. You would have a better chance of getting hired as a CFI with a degree than you will as an RJ captain without one right now.

Latest resources

Back