• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Deleted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well it's heartening to see most on here realize what a egotistical deceitful stool sample O'Reilly is.
Our country has been suckered into a pretty ignorant mindset by the conservative media, Rush, Coulter etc.
They feed into peoples insecurities and ignorance and make millions.
We all know aviation and can see how absurd he sounds. I think it's safe to say he is just as far off base in other areas too.

Last edited:
Might I suggest "The Newshour" on PBS. Serious journalism, no entertainment.

Intellect is a must. A bit of caffeine helpful.

I can’t believe that there is 3 pages bashing this segment.
The only thing I would disagree with is calling it a “cover up”. I don’t know were that came from since clearly the maintenance logs with the compressor stall was disclosed. Doesn’t seem to fit the criteria for a cover up.
We all pretend to know more about a situation then we really do. Luckily the NTSB isn’t as closed minded as most of you. O’Rieley is just saying that they should look into past maintenance problems with the engines and they will.
We all know that reporters usually aren’t as versed in aviation terminology as some of us but I don’t think this deserves the bashing that it has received. A compressor stall can be a signal of a more serious problem. It will and should be looked into. I’m not saying it would have changed anything but neither was he.

I can’t believe that there is 3 pages bashing this segment.
The only thing I would disagree with is calling it a “cover up”. I don’t know were that came from since clearly the maintenance logs with the compressor stall was disclosed. Doesn’t seem to fit the criteria for a cover up.
We all pretend to know more about a situation then we really do. Luckily the NTSB isn’t as closed minded as most of you. O’Rieley is just saying that they should look into past maintenance problems with the engines and they will.
We all know that reporters usually aren’t as versed in aviation terminology as some of us but I don’t think this deserves the bashing that it has received. A compressor stall can be a signal of a more serious problem. It will and should be looked into. I’m not saying it would have changed anything but neither was he.

Well said. I get a kick out of how everyone always is of the high and righteous attitude that all maintenance at 121 carriers is always on the up-and-up and corners are never cut.

Now, back off topic...check out the O'Reilly clip about Bush Sr. telling the "dirty" joke. Not really dirty, but funny.

Might I suggest "The Newshour" on PBS. Serious journalism, no entertainment.

Intellect is a must. A bit of caffeine helpful.

I agree. Jim Lehrer is a real journalist. As is Chris Wallace. Before his unfortunate death, I thought Tim Russert was one of the best journalists on TV.

Thanks for posting. I missed it because I was too busy waging War on Christmas.

Bill probably thinks the plane was able to float because the cargo bins were filled with Loofahs.

Well said. Let's add Limbaugh, Beck, Coulter, and Hannity into the mix too.

You forgot Olbermann, Blitzer, Hughley, Cooper, Obrien, Brown, Cafferty, Maddow, Matthews, and Hammer.

Latest resources

Back