Definition of PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ralgha said:
If MEI 1 assumes that MEI 2 knows how to fly the airplane based solely on the fact that MEI 2 is an MEI, then MEI 1 should be stripped of his/her pilot certificates and never allowed to look sideways at an airplane again.

Because of paragraph 1, MEI 1 better give real instruction to MEI 2 during that 10 hour checkout, otherwise the consequences in paragraph 1 should again be applied. If MEI 1 doesn't know how to give real instruction to another MEI, then the consequences of paragraph 1 should be followed.

Because of paragraph 2, MEI 1 better sign the logbook of MEI 2, otherwise, if the insurance company ever sees fit to question the checkout of MEI 2, and looks at the logbook, and finds that MEI 1 didn't sign it, then both MEI 1 and MEI 2 are screwed, refer to paragraph 1 for the proper consequences.

Because of paragraph 3, both can log PIC, though only MEI 1 is logging "part 1 PIC".

:D

Groovy, I KNEW there was a simple answer.

Thanks for all the replies

TDTURBO said:
You're kidding right?

You mean all this time I thought pissing in the comode while holding your "equipment" meant PIC?
Some folks have no sense of humor. But I'm trying to figure out whose sense of humor is worse: the maker of the bad pun or the one who responds seriously to it. :D

Pissing In the Commmode, indeed!

midlifeflyer said:
Some folks have no sense of humor. But I'm trying to figure out whose sense of humor is worse: the maker of the bad pun or the one who responds seriously to it. :D

Pissing In the Commmode, indeed!

Yah, I got it the first time...and it was funny. Lighten up Francis.

dork.

And she gets SIC time for holding it for me, I don't want to hurt my back ya know.:D That does qualify as a required crew member in my book.

Last edited:
TDTURBO said:
And she gets SIC time for holding it for me, I don't want to hurt my back ya know.:D That does qualify as a required crew member in my book.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Good one!

DOC (just a coincidence) has an FAR forum and an entire link about the logging of flight time that talks you through several situations all with references to the FARS.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
TDTURBO said:
Even from the bathroom?

..Of course, if you aren't in command there, then you're really SOL!

I'm beginning to feel sorry I asked....

Latest resources

Back