• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dec Pilot Bid opening delayed 3 hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, so we press ACK rather than call on the ground. I don't really care how I'm considered notified. The goal of the freedom leg has always been, get the hell on the ground and out of the airplane ASAP.

MOU16-13V (May 19th, 2008)

"A pilot must respond to the Company if contacted through ACARS, or over the Company radio frequency prior to duty out. The Company and Association recognize that a pilot may not reply to attempted Company verbal radio contact during a critical phase of flight or sterile cockpit environment for scheduling purposes; however this does not preclude the pilot from contacting the Company outside of critical phase of flight or sterile cockpit..."

I am so SICK OF THIS!!

1)Extensions/sched changes via ACARS
2)Autodialer HARASSMENT!!!!!!!! Every 25 minutes on my day off until I self notify or turn off the farking phone.

What happened to two way verbal communication?

I can't believe lineholders aren't shutting this place down at the prospect of extension via ACARS

Not trying to be a sack here, but why is your number in the auto-dial system anyway? They told us in an e-mail how to "ensure they had the most correct information," however, there's also a delete button next to your contact information. Try changing your number to a number that belongs to yellow cab in atlanta, I did!!

weren't the reserves whining about flying too much and too often, now you don't and ya still whine, i'm telling Brad

I'm one of the people back on reserve again. I'll take crappy-ass 4-days over the weekend over long-call, holidays/weekends off any day.

Last edited:
Can't you just say you're unavailable? We can at xjt! Maybe we can all just go noodling for catfish y'all, when we merge with this pathetic mess of a company. I thought our qol was getting bad it looks as if it downright sucks at asa. maybe we should just run them as separate airlines rather than on a big crappy asa contract.

Welcome to the suck!

-If you are a reserve, you will always be at work. If you are not a reserve, you will love becoming a virtual reserve-by means of this system.

-I can see how mx problems at this place are about to really increase.

-Thanks again, ALPA reps! You guys keep helping SH and CT slide it deeper and deeper. What the hell are we paying you for-really?!

A little perspective here...Go over to the crackpipe and read the comments from the XJT pilots...Everything wasn't roses over there either. They have a thread going in tribute to XJT now that the deal is closed. Here is just one post on what one of their pilots thinks...Many more like this post.

Here's to the end.

The end of rolled days off month after month
The end of having to file a grievance just to get paid
The end of having to watch payroll like a hawk just to get what's yours
The end of management making decisions that the pilots have to pay for
The end of pay cuts
The end of contract erosion
The end of being on hold for excessive time with crew scheduling
The end of airplane models in lieu of a profit sharing check
The end of getting pulled out of recurrent to go fly
The end of CAs flying as FOs
The end of being called in the middle of your rest period by C.S. to adjust your show time by 3 minutes

I'm looking forward to a new beginning, starting tomorrow!
T2S

Welcome to the suck!

-If you are a reserve, you will always be at work. If you are not a reserve, you will love becoming a virtual reserve-by means of this system.

-I can see how mx problems at this place are about to really increase.

-Thanks again, ALPA reps! You guys keep helping SH and CT slide it deeper and deeper. What the hell are we paying you for-really?!

Actually, I don't blame the reps at all. SH is the one shoving the weak language in the contract up our asses. He is the one directly affecting our QOL's. Sure we can grieve it, but nothing will be resolved for months or years.

In the next contract we need tight, concrete language that we can shove up SH's ass. Until then I will be flying "safe."

Not trying to be a sack here, but why is your number in the auto-dial system anyway? They told us in an e-mail how to "ensure they had the most correct information," however, there's also a delete button next to your contact information. Try changing your number to a number that belongs to yellow cab in atlanta, I did!!

Not a bad idea, anyone have CT's home phone number?!?

Latest resources

Back