• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

casper1nine

liberal radical party ldr
hola,

as a potential asa employee, i am concerned with the luming death of delta airlines and its effect on asa. now i realize there is a market demand for the seats that asa flies, and that won't go away, but WHEN delta dies (by strike or liquidation or whatever), what does it mean for asa as an airline? i realize that asa has its own internal issues and strike concerns, and there has been plenty posted about that already.

regards,
casper1nine

I'd bet if Delta went Ch7 then Skywest Inc would likely furlough (sp?) ASA. Or disolve the company and take the assets it wants. Maybe even offer ASA employees preferental hireing at Skywest.

not so sure Delta is going anywhere. . . how many times over the last year did we hear the same things about USAir? They arent going anywhere. Though I'm sure plenty of the cockroach airlines are hoping that will happen.

mamba20 said:
not so sure Delta is going anywhere. . . how many times over the last year did we hear the same things about USAir? They arent going anywhere. Though I'm sure plenty of the cockroach airlines are hoping that will happen.

by "cockroach" you mean the airlines who have figured out what it means to compete in todays market and make money or at least strive to cator to thier customers wants??

like it or not the days of airlines doing what they want and pulling the passengers behind them are over. airline travel is a cheap commodity now and you can like it or leave it.

IF we go Chap 7, it is likely that all of the affiliates with 50 seat RJs would see them parked immediately. Comair would likely disappear, ASA would be grounded, and SkyWest would likely file Chap 11 since almost half of it's flying would cease. Chautaqua and Mesa would also likely park many planes. This is absolutely high stakes poker, and hopefully it will turn out ok, but the company and the union will have to actually negotiate. Chap 11 isn't meant to be a grab bag. We already gave once, and we are willing to give something again, but not everything.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SKW wouldn't file chap 13 they have over 500 million in the bank and only 30% of their flights/rev is delta related. They would be one of those roach airlines

General Lee said:
IF we go Chap 7, it is likely that all of the affiliates with 50 seat RJs would see them parked immediately. Comair would likely disappear, ASA would be grounded, and SkyWest would likely file Chap 11 since almost half of it's flying would cease. Chautaqua and Mesa would also likely park many planes. This is absolutely high stakes poker, and hopefully it will turn out ok, but the company and the union will have to actually negotiate. Chap 11 isn't meant to be a grab bag. We already gave once, and we are willing to give something again, but not everything.

Bye Bye--General Lee

hey general, thanks for the reply. my question (likely out of ignorance), is that there is obviously a demand for the seats that asa flies for the big D, so why couldn't asa continue to market, sell, and fly those seats as it's own brand in the event of a delta ch 7? what's more, in the event of a delta liquidation, would it be to the advantage of SKW (if possible), to purchase the ticketing, reservations, awards program, and even the delta brand? (didn't b-m buy the pan-am name)? anyway, just idle thoughts bouncing around in my head.

-casper1nine

Latest resources

Back