• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Deal's Off - Wow!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will say kudos to our Mgmt. The deal was theirs, in fact, GK could have taken it and said screw this pilot BS...but didn't. Things that make you go hmmm....

I agree that the time for posturing has passed. What's done is done. We all have jobs to do. I had respect for F9 pilots and I still do. You're welcome on the jumpseat, anytime. Hope it all works out.

shootr

Don't blame all the F9 guys. There were only a few in the negotiating room. I bet a huge number of F9 guys and gals are absolutely sick this evening.
My guess and humble opinion, FAPA thought GK would force the deal regardless of a labor agreement and SLI would happen in accordance with A-M provisions via arbritation. They were trying to get a better deal than A-M provisions would have afforded because they never dreamed GK meant what he said.

Only time will tell whether this was a good move or not for the F9 dudes. Looking at Midwest I would have been skeptical.

I wish you nothing but the best.

Gup

Maybe FAPA made the right move...or not. Time will tell. Best of luck.

For all the guys who said "a judge will not allow this in arbitration". "M/A won't allow that", "B/M says you have to do this". This outcome is what the rest of us were trying to explain to you.

Congrats to the poolies! Hope to see you guys soon!

Don't blame all the F9 guys. There were only a few in the negotiating room. I bet a huge number of F9 guys and gals are absolutely sick this evening.
My guess and humble opinion, FAPA thought GK would force the deal regardless of a labor agreement and SLI would happen in accordance with A-M provisions via arbritation. They were trying to get a better deal than A-M provisions would have afforded because they never dreamed GK meant what he said.

I totally agree...I think they thought SWA was going to take the deal no matter what and figured they would have more time later. Not hard to blame them, SWA and SWAPA cornered them into making a decision and they thought SWA and SWAPA were bluffing. I would have thought that too, in fact I am in schock GK didn't pull the trigger. Well, he is either a very good actor, or maybe he does give a crap about this culture business. I thought it was all PR and overkill, but this says something different. Kool-Aid anyone? I was not expecting this.

Latest resources

Back