• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Deal! Air Tran/SWAPA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on guys. It is transparent that the Delta trolls are concerned about SWA coming into their hometown with a vengeance. It won't kill them but it will put a big dent into their base profits. If they think otherwise, ask every other legacy they have done this to them. Every time. If there is one thing all the SWA and AAI pilots now have in common, is now we can collectively kick those cowardly, arrogant FI trolls butts where it counts.

Got to get away?

Just not true. I think it's great Airtran pilots are going to get your pay and benefits, and that helps out everyone. I just hope to see a fair SLI, and some of the put downs against the AT pilots on this board by supposed SWA pilots just frustrates a lot of onlookers. GK did this deal, not SWAPA. If it isn't fair, my advice to them is to take it to arbitration. That's it. Simple as that.

BTW, thanks to you buying AT, you actually took away a lower cost carrier in ATL. That helps the competition. Higher wages for every employee is great for them, but it costs more.

OYS

Last edited:
Oys is the female AAI status rep. Sorry to stop listening to your spin and leaks.

We have two female status reps. And I seriously doubt that OYS is either one of them.

We have two female status reps. And I seriously doubt that OYS is either one of them.
*snerk* Definitely not. CJ isn't on FI (with the new-born and her rep duties and flying, she certainly doesn't have time) and KC's screen name isn't OYS.

What the heck is a status rep? Is that similar to community organizer?
A status rep is a voting member of the MEC. They decide pretty much everything that happens on a union level, including whether or not we see the Merger Committee's proposed SLI. There's 8 voting Status Reps, 2 MCO, 2 MKE, 4 ATL. If they vote it down, it'll never get to pilot vote. If they vote to send it to Member Ratification, it goes out for pilot vote.

Are the status reps designated as one CA and FO each or simply who runs? If not seat assigned, what is the breakdown of FOs and CAs that make up the MEC?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Are the status reps designated as one CA and FO each or simply who runs? If not seat assigned, what is the breakdown of FOs and CAs that make up the MEC?

Thanks in advance for the reply.
Hey, sorry I missed your call, will call back in a minute.

Yes, it's one CA and one F/O per domicile but in the case of ATL, where the pilot group is so large compared to MCO or MKE, there are two CA and two FO reps so ATL has a vote equal to their percentage of pilots (roughly 200 pilots per voting rep as it works out).

Each vote has an equal share in the overall voting structure (for instance, a CA vote doesn't trump an F/O vote). If no F/O runs in a domicile, a CA can run for the position and vice-versa. If all 8 voting reps tie (4 vote one way, 4 vote another), the MEC Chairman (LH) casts the tie-breaking vote.

Hope that helps.

You're welcome, Score. :)

I think this speaks volumes of SWA MGMNT. No other Mgmnt did what they just did. Not only did they speed the process up exponentially, they also laid it on the table and said "here guys, this is probably as fair as you will find, arbitration included." It also sent a message to ALPA, that they are not just negotiating with SWAPA, but also with SWA. Airtran can be mad at SWAPA all they want, and take them to court if desired, but SWA MGMNT isn't going to sit there (like USairways) and let this all just happen. Good on them...that's the difference between working for SWA and anyone else. SWA is standing behind it's people, and are also ready to stand behing Airtran too, they just want ALPA out of here ASAP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back