• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TrafficInSight said:
"more fatal crashes than government records reflect."

huh?

T-REX said:
Ask the writer. I'm sure he can overnight you the records.

It was explained in the article. Apparently, some obscure report listed a number of fatal cargo crashes, and the reporter dug up something like 12 more which were listed as part 91 repositioning flights. THe point being that there were more fatal crashes in cargo operations if you consider crashes during revenus legs and repo legs ... a minor, but legitimate point.

Originally Posted by T-REX
Ask the writer. I'm sure he can overnight you the records.

A Squared said:
It was explained in the article. Apparently, some obscure report listed a number of fatal cargo crashes, and the reporter dug up something like 12 more which were listed as part 91 repositioning flights. THe point being that there were more fatal crashes in cargo operations if you consider crashes during revenus legs and repo legs ... a minor, but legitimate point.

Yea, I understand. I was just trying to show writer prints some garbage like this:

"I'm not sure why we need to wait until one crashes in the middle of Disneyland before people are going to take notice of the fact that these planes are going down."
Lara Goldman Lennon

Then doesn't hesitate to FedEx a letter cross-country.

Wow...I just read the entire piece. I'm probably waaaay to close to this to venture an opinion, but it was really interesting reading and I actually learned a few things that I didn't know prior to reading it. Good article.

MD11Drvr said:
On this forum this is more than likely preaching to the choir. Most of us here "been there done that and still have the greasy shirt hanging in the closet to prove it."

Unfortunately I don't think this is true. Most people coming up though the industry instruct for 6 months and then cry "where's my jet job? when's it gonna be my turn?" There are few of us out there who value the experience gained flying boxes in a Baron.

Trogdor said:
Most people coming up though the industry instruct for 6 months and then cry "where's my jet job? when's it gonna be my turn?" There are few of us out there who value the experience gained flying boxes in a Baron.

I agree. I had the time I could have easily skipped flying Barons all night, but it was an experience I didn't want to miss out on. I learned a lot from doing it and have no regrets about flying freight. Besides airlines didn't refuse me interviews because I waited an extra 9 months and 800 hours to apply there.

CherryBomb said:
most crashes are a result of pilot error.

Wing seperates from plane.
Pilot failed to compensate for loss of wing.

CE

There's a pilot, named Shima, that's profiled in the second part on pages 1 and 6 that people on this board knew. It's sad that the longer you hang around aviation and the more pilots you know, the more you're aware of how fragile life is sometimes.

I hope everyone remembers to tell the important people in their lives, and their loved ones what they mean to you before it's too late.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back