Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI - 100, 50-Seaters and All Turboprops To Go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It looks like Delta will get their reduction mostly through Chautaqua and Mesa if I was a guessing man. That probably accounts for at least 30-40 aircraft right there. Further reductions will most likely be offset by more 70-90's. Especially since (I'm guessing) Republic and Shuttle will no longer be under the DCI portfolio.

Trojan

I didn't listen personally, but Richard Anderson apparently says 100, 50-seaters and all turboprops (Saabs) will be gone in "2-3 years".

Freedom - 22 ERJs
Chautauqua - 25 ERJs
ASA - 20 CRJs

There are 67 of the 100 right there.

Freedom - 22 ERJs
Chautauqua - 25 ERJs
ASA - 20 CRJs

(for those that can't figure it out, this is Mesaba's possible situation) I'm guessing that will mean the "unannounced" remaining 26 Saabs (no surprise there, I figured they'd all be done by 2012) and probably then the 17 CRJ200's (+2 if you count the Comair 'loaners') are all to be gone... Barring a shuffling of 70+ seaters and/or Moak coughing up more scope, that puts Mesaba at 41 planes and even less pilots than the back end of the scamruptcy from 2006...... What was that number to the truck school?

I just finished listening to it. Its not 100 total, its 100(50 seat rj's) + all turboprops, and as he put it 37 seat turboprops which I am sure he meant 34. Also no more 50's on any segment over 750 miles.

(for those that can't figure it out, this is Mesaba's possible situation) I'm guessing that will mean the "unannounced" remaining 26 Saabs (no surprise there, I figured they'd all be done by 2012) and probably then the 17 CRJ200's (+2 if you count the Comair 'loaners') are all to be gone... Barring a shuffling of 70+ seaters and/or Moak coughing up more scope, that puts Mesaba at 41 planes and even less pilots than the back end of the scamruptcy from 2006...... What was that number to the truck school?

I agree with what your saying about Mesabi's future. I was thinking the same thing. I could also see possibly some reshuffling of 70 seaters and maybe even a possible joining of some of the wholly owneds once they are shrunk down. The only thing that can help us out now is retirements to start up again and new duty rigs to get passed into law.

Go Angels!! beat the yanks.

Freedom - 22 ERJs
Chautauqua - 25 ERJs
ASA - 20 CRJs

Comair is parking 15 next year, though those are apparently not currently flying at the moment anyways.

Latest resources

Back