Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DCI - 100, 50-Seaters and All Turboprops To Go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The private is NOT on top of Delta issues! He simply trolls here to spout off negatively against all regional pilots, whom he feels are inferior to him. He feels self-important by trying to appear superior to you. This is why he trolls the regional board instead of just discussing issues on the majors board. He also feels it necessary to blame rj's and rj pilots for all of the woes of the airline industry. He obviously has issues in his life, and I'm certain was that kid that was picked on in the school yard, so now he can be a bully behind his keyboard to compensate. If his goal was to simply discuss Delta issues he would not so consistently trash regional pilots and treat them like third-rate little children.

And Private, don't feel the urge now to rebut my post with a list of your hobbies and tell us how hot your wife (cough cough) is, or how great your last overnight in Germany was. I don't believe it and I don't care. Anyone that tries so hard to defend themselves has more issues than originally though.

Keep on trollin'!!!!!

I flew with a guy at Midway in the DO228 that sounded a lot like the gen. I wonder if the General's initial's are M.W.

Last edited:
Do you suggest flying the 53nm between MSP and STC in a mainline airplane?

Of course he's not suggesting that! The taxi ways are not nearly wide enough to land on! What are you thinking?

It would seem on the surface to most RJ pilot's long term career goals and progression that parking all of the DCI turbo props and 100 of the 50 seaters is a GOOD think. Why are most of you bashing DAL for this plan? The more RJ's there are flying around = FEWER mainline jobs for ya'll to move up to!

When I was at 9E and we were getting RJ's by the bucket loads weekly, I kept telling myself as well as anyone who would listen: "This in NOT good, we are NOW flying our future mainline jobs!" and whenever I ran accross anyone who was salivating at the prospect of flying a 70 seater for 50 seat wages....well that's just plain stupid.

I HOPE we do park some RJ's......and HIRE a 1000 guys/gals to fly some MD90's we have our eye's on, as well as the next gen RJ...whether it's the "C" series or the Emb195...doesn't matter.
Coming from a guy at the bottom of DALs list. It sounds self serving to me.

Now if the General says it, then it has substance. :p

Last edited:
Guess the first question is who owns the aircraft? Second, unlike our situation, Skywest isn't owned by the empire so I would think they can do whatever they please within the contract...we, on the other hand, are fooked.

Yea us and Comair are surely in for the worst of it the next few years.....
As for my original question I guess it's is there any way/plan for Delta to quit using the E120 in the Delta system? The EAS contracts I don't think last any longer than 2011. EAS doesn't give out long term contracts, just a few years at a time. When those are up will Delta pull the same crap and turn in uncompetitive/inelligible bids to have an excuse to end the Bro like they have done with many of the Saab cities.

As for my original question I guess it's is there any way/plan for Delta to quit using the E120 in the Delta system? The EAS contracts I don't think last any longer than 2011. EAS doesn't give out long term contracts, just a few years at a time. When those are up will Delta pull the same crap and turn in uncompetitive/inelligible bids to have an excuse to end the Bro like they have done with many of the Saab cities.

I really don't know, one would think that getting rid of 50 seaters AND tprops at the same time is strange. Is Delta going to abandon every market that can't fill at least 70 seats daily? Seems like a very large and capable airline leavng an awful lot on the table...but what do I know, maybe small markets are losers these days.

We'll see next year...

Chances are DL doesn't have much of a say. They (DL) don't own SkyWest, so SkyWest is free to bid on the EAS (or not). The bid comes from SkyWest and not Delta. They may be operated on a pro-rate agreement as opposed to the fee for departure that most regional flights for DL are operated under.

They're not going to get rid of all the 50 seaters. Even after the 100 they want to ditch in the next few years, there will still be plenty more to go to the markets that can sustain a 50 seat a/c. Flown on the right segments (ie: <750 miles) to the right markets, they make sense.

Mesaba and Pinnacle operate the NEWEST CRJ200s in the DL system. They are all leased by Delta and subleased to XJ/9E. Therefore those are likely the last ones to leave the party... in other words, whenever their long term leases are due, which is well past the next 3 years.

The bottom line is that DL is going to get out of a lot of the 50 seat flying in the next 3 years in the following ways:

1 - exit the cost + agreements that come due (Freedom and Chautauqua.)
2 - exit leases as they come due (Comair)
3 - park planes they own (Comair)

The fact is that Skywest/Asa/Pinnacle are locked into long term agreements, therefore their flying isn't going to get cut. Freedom and Chautauqua have agreements coming due soon. Comair and Mesaba are the wholly owned whipping kids. Only Mesaba's 200s are leased, not owned. You do the math. Unfortunately I think this means more of Comairs old 200s getting parked and the eventual reshuffling of the DL owned RJ fleet.

Anybody know the breakdown of Comairs leased and owned planes? Does DL own/lease any of the Skywest/ASA 200 fleet?

They're not going to get rid of all the 50 seaters. Even after the 100 they want to ditch in the next few years, there will still be plenty more to go to the markets that can sustain a 50 seat a/c. Flown on the right segments (ie: <750 miles) to the right markets, they make sense.

Mesaba and Pinnacle operate the NEWEST CRJ200s in the DL system. They are all leased by Delta and subleased to XJ/9E. Therefore those are likely the last ones to leave the party... in other words, whenever their long term leases are due, which is well past the next 3 years.

The bottom line is that DL is going to get out of a lot of the 50 seat flying in the next 3 years in the following ways:

1 - exit the cost + agreements that come due (Freedom and Chautauqua.)
2 - exit leases as they come due (Comair)
3 - park planes they own (Comair)

The fact is that Skywest/Asa/Pinnacle are locked into long term agreements, therefore their flying isn't going to get cut. Freedom and Chautauqua have agreements coming due soon. Comair and Mesaba are the wholly owned whipping kids. Only Mesaba's 200s are leased, not owned. You do the math. Unfortunately I think this means more of Comairs old 200s getting parked and the eventual reshuffling of the DL owned RJ fleet.

Anybody know the breakdown of Comairs leased and owned planes? Does DL own/lease any of the Skywest/ASA 200 fleet?
Be careful when you talk about newer aircraft. It all depends on what the final terms were negotiated while DL/NWA were in bankruptcy. We've had several newr CRJ's go back to Bombardier since the leases were renegotiated on a shorter term limits. The only aircraft that Comair owns that have been parked(not lease returns) were a couple that have reached or close to reaching their airframe life limit of 40,000 hrs. Comair pays the leases on all 13 CRJ-900s, 15 CRJ-00's. I'll have to find my notes to figure out the ratio on the CRJ-200's. We've been told that we should expect to have 80-85 airframes when all the cuts are completed.

Great, now his kids are on here !! The only thing he is on top of is RA. He wants all of us to be unemployed. And you want ME to tone it down. You must be kidding I would hope. Someone wants my wife and kids to suffer for years and you want me to tone it down!!! F@ck you!!!

You are a miserable person. I don't think he wants you unemployed, rather he wants less regional jets and more mainline jets. I actually want that too, so I can leave my regional and try to support my family better. Face it, life here at the regional level isn't going to get any better. You need to start thinking the same way he does, just not as crass. You are a short term thinker, instead of a long term one. Reverse that, and tone it down too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back