DayJet and Eclipse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do they dispatch two jets?

Dont think so. Off the top of my head, full fuel useful load is 700 lbs and change. 600nm trip wont require full fuel so it should be fine.

Maybe they will just put new pilot requirements like must be under XXX lbs.

Question?

Publishers said:
don't know the weight and balance of the aircraft single pilot, however, the 600 nm is the region they will operate in not necessarily the distance of flights.

In the example I used above, there are no 600nm segments. I imagine one hour flights to be the norm.

How do they get by with just a single pilot...or is my memory of FAR's needing refreshing?

Or better yet....how many insurance companies would accept a fly for hire, single pilot IFR "quasi-airline" operations, in a jet that cruises 375 knots?

Don't get me wrong....I'm not against their concept. If I loved flying in big iron with 200 other people and driving from hubs to get to my final destination all the time, I wouldn't have my own airplane.

Whoever made Citrix the company it is today is bound to succeed in anything. Even though IT and aviation are totally different industries (scratch that . . . I just went through Garmin 1000 training abouth a month ago), the thought of using web software to match passengers with Eclipse airplanes and intended destinations is just too exciting to pass up.

Or better yet....how many insurance companies would accept a fly for hire, single pilot IFR "quasi-airline" operations, in a jet that cruises 375 knots?

I am not positive, but I think Rio Grande Air has a single pilot waiver for Catpass 250's. And they are 121.

I do not know if they are going to try the single pilot charter approval or not,,,,, may just look for some light weight co pilots. I was more interested in the economics and when you think of such a low load factor, the feasibility goes way up.

Latest resources

Back