Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DAS at 10/250

Coffee, captain?
So, what does everybody think? Jet jobs for everybody or a Titanic in the making. DayJet has firm orders with non-refundable deposits for 239 jets and options for an additional 70. Four jets are flying and I think I read that a fifth is on the way. Eclipse is planning on 1000 test hours which is well beyond the 200 required.

DayJet is accepting applications.

http://www.eclipseaviation.com/

http://www.dayjet.com/

DAS

Well first of all you are talking late next year for the start up. This will be a no frills operation with the pilot home every night. It is interesting from the standpoint that he is taking a mathmatical approach and working the tech angle as that is his background.

I may seem cynical but, did you ever think he may have bought all those "positions" to resell? The price has already risen to 1.4 million. Seems to me that he's already made a significant return on his investment.

My 2 cents worth

I have met and talked with at length to the Chairman of Dayjet and the amount of money that he is spending on the technical side outweighs the money he could make on the aircraft.

Look at the situation that they are trying to solve:

You only need 2 people to want to leave city like Miami to go to Tampa at between 7 and 9 in the morning. You need 2 people who want to go from Tampa to Jacksonville between 8 and 10 and you need 2 people who want to go from Jacksonville to Atlanta, etc back to Florida. Keeping track of that is the problem but with numbers needed to break even, you do not need much of a market.

I think the whole point is to avoid the major airports. Instead of holding for hours to get to ATL, they will go to PDK. Instead of waiting out a groundstop at IAH, go to HOU. I see alot of benefits of the idea.

You need two people to go from A to B, and each weighs 250 pounds and has 50 pounds of baggage.

Do they dispatch two jets?

JimNtexas said:
You need two people to go from A to B, and each weighs 250 pounds and has 50 pounds of baggage.

Do they dispatch two jets?

Sounds like my commercial checkride.

don't know the weight and balance of the aircraft single pilot, however, the 600 nm is the region they will operate in not necessarily the distance of flights.

In the example I used above, there are no 600nm segments. I imagine one hour flights to be the norm.

Latest resources

Back