• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Day rate and training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm flying for two different guys on the 200 and one on the 90. I found a training course for $2300 in Dallas. Pretty good deal, in my opinion.

Whats recurrent, a matter of 2-3 days, maybe up to 4-5 days. I would never ask a person/family/company that is paying for my recurrent to pay me while at school. You'd be sitting home on your coach out of currency or paying the nut by yourself otherwise.

But if they're paying you also....damn....more power to ya man.

Well, I spoke to the boss about it and was very honest and candid about what all of you have said about this. We agreed that the time was worth something, but the training enabled me to fly other people's planes. So, we decided that $500 plus expenses was fair for both of us. Also, I did the legwork to find the school that provided that most cost efficient training and get it approved by the insurance company and he didn't have to buy a plane ticket. So, he still saved a lot of money in the end.

Thanks to all of you for your input!!

I appreciate the way you did that. Too many out there selling themselves short, of course that is a tough deal in this economy, but even in good times pilots do it.

He is probably getting close to breaking the LAW by providing your training... I know of an outfit who was called out by the IRS for doing similar.

Latest resources

Back