Day rate and training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

parrothead

What is the status quo regarding contract pilots and training? Do you get paid the day rate while at recurrent training?

Thanks!

I am in a similar situation. I was paid 50% if my day rate, plus hotel, food, car. Hard to say what is industry standard on this.

Yeah, I am not paying for training. I figured he'd be responsible for all expenses, but didn't know if I should get paid for attending the training. I would definitely say it's deserved since it's a required event and two days of my time, but maybe at a lesser rate. Thanks for all of the replies!

I would just be happy they are paying for your re-current and expenses. Three days of your time is a small price to pay. They are dropping 15-25k for your training, that they really don't have to. Are you strictly flying for them, or are you flying for other folks too?

Are you a contract for one specific company? I know a pilot that contracts in the NY area (multiple companies) and is responsible for his own training. Im not sure how it would be if he was with one specific company. Im guessing a 50/50 split would be fair.

I bill normally for training days. My primary client pays for my training and related expenses.

-mini

Yeah, I am not paying for training. I figured he'd be responsible for all expenses, but didn't know if I should get paid for attending the training. I would definitely say it's deserved since it's a required event and two days of my time, but maybe at a lesser rate. Thanks for all of the replies!

In my opinion, the cost of training and expenses should make you happy. I would NOT try to get ANY date rate out of the deal. In my eyes, you would be getting a bit greedy seeing that industry standard is to pay for your own training.

Latest resources

Back