Dassault Falcon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I was watching Discovery Wings last night and they had "Wings Over France". Normally I would turn it because I'm not interested in how fast a frog fighter can run from the enemy.;)

It was on the Falcon jet. That is IMHO the second coolest line of biz jets in the world (Gulfstream #1). I didn't know you could takeoff and land on grass or dirt. It seems like a sweet plane to fly. Can anyone who flies one elaborate more?

Thanks

I've been flying the Falcon 2000 for NetJets the last 3 years. Weve got over 30 of them now. I've flown several jets for this company and have an opportunity to fly with first officers that have flown everything from B1 bombers, F16's and Gulfstreams. Most will agree that though the French may think of themselves a little more than they ought to at times they are for sure pure craftsman and artists when it comes to making a falcon jet. For me it is the sweetest thing I've ever flown.

I understand a Gulfstream...the big real ones not the G200, is more of a truck feel when hand flying. The Falcon 2000 is very sensative and at first just keying the mike could be felt through the plane if you weren't careful. The hydraulic controls are fluid and smooth and very precise. If most business jets are like a camaro this is like a ferrari.

Im really looking forward to the Falcon 7X with the EAsy flight deck instruments and side stick controls...kinda airbus'sy but should be fun. All I can say is that I think the difference with the Falcon and from the other manufacturers is that Dassault is a Fighter Jet manufacter that got into building private jets...the technology and areodynamics really comes through.

A plane so sweet that everyone should be able to fly one at least once. Good Luck.

They fly pretty nice....very low ref #s and uses very little runway. Has decent range, fairly comfy...
very reliable (at least the new ones...never flew any older ones)

Falcon, Gulfstream....yadda yadda...whatever pays the bills I say!

And Yes, I do agree with you...the French are complete **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**s, always have been, always will be....

chawbein said:
Can anyone who flies one elaborate more?

What would you like to know?

I have flown the Falcon 10, Falcon 20, Falcon 50EX and Falcon 900EX...

They all fly really nice, the original Falcon 20 with the GE engines was a complete dog. The 50EX is a real performer, as a matter of fact last night I was climbing out of 12,000ft doing better than 350 KIAS and was climbing at 4,000 FPM... The 900EX is nice and comfortable and will go a long way (10 hours non-stop), it has a nice wide standup cabin...

I love the emergency descent in the -2000, 15,000+ FPM:eek:

The -2000 is a very enjoyable plane to fly! I'm not aware of it being certified to fly off / on anything but hard surface runways.

The show said that all were able to to/land on unprepared strips. They showed video of a Falcon 10, 20, and that three-holed jobby, taking off and landing from/on grass and dirt. They mentioned the 900 too. Maybe I'm mistaken.

fokkerjet said:
I love the emergency descent in the -2000, 15,000+ FPM:eek:

The -2000 is a very enjoyable plane to fly! I'm not aware of it being certified to fly off / on anything but hard surface runways.

Next time you get to FSI, get in the 2000 box, climb to an altitude of your desire, hold the airplane into the stall. It stalls straight ahead in a 2000 FPM descent. Not a hint of wing drop whatsoever. Now, do the same in an Ultra and you just might get to experience a nicely done Split S.;)

I'll agree with the other posts, the 2000 is wonderful to fly. I went through initial with a G4 pilot. Ran into him about a year later and nearly all their crews preferred the 2000 over the G4.

2000Flyer

That three holed jobby...All of the sudden I feel so inadequate!

Darnit, are my redneck roots showing up again...?

That's a bad-@ss jet, I just can't remember the model. I'ld give my left pinkie-toe to fly it.

chawbein said:
Darnit, are my redneck roots showing up again...?

That's a bad-@ss jet, I just can't remember the model. I'ld give my left pinkie-toe to fly it.

Whew.. OK, I feel better again...

The smaller of the "Three Holed Jobbys" is a Falcon 50 (also the Falcon 50EX which has a full glass cockpit and upgraded engines)

Click here ~> Dassault Falcon 50EX

The larger of the "Three Holed Jobbys" is the Falcon 900 (also the Falcon 900EX which also has a full glass cockpit, upgraded engines and longer range)

Click here ~> Dassault Falcon 900EX

Easiest way to tell a Falcon 50 from a Falcon 900 is the number of cabin windows... The Falcon 50 has 7 windows per side, the 900 has 12 windows per side.

Latest resources

Back