Dassault Falcon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spin up kit

I have only seen it on 35s. But there is a valve on the switch panel next to the quadrent. When turned on, bleed air is routed through a tube to blow on a vaned hubcap that is installed on the nose wheel. Causing the nose tire to spin up. This kit also includes teflon shields on the underside of the flaps and stone guards on the landing lights.

Spin-up Kit

I'm not really sure how they work on the Citation. The only reason I've heard of them is a brief discussion in Citation recurrent that goes something like this...

"Anyone here fly an airplane with the gravel kit installed....No...okay, lets move on!"

I'm not sure if the Citation uses bleed air or ram air to spin the tire. I'm guessing ram air as early models didn't have a whole lot of extra bleed air to spare.

2000Flyer

He must be off in some far corner of the world where they don't have internet access... that would be the ONLY logical explanation for his absence on a Pro-Falcon thread!

What, you mean the GV doesn't have some sort of satellite internet access built into the FMS? What a piece of crap!

There is an citation in chicago over at mdw at milliion air that has a spin up kit installed on it. Looked like it used ram air to start the thing moving.

Was kind of a big hub over the nose wheel. With two inlets in the front and two out the back. Way I figure it air comes in spins around this huge metal hub and out the back.

Looked pretty big and heavy though.

bigD said:
What, you mean the GV doesn't have some sort of satellite internet access built into the FMS? What a piece of crap!

Of course it does. The Swift 64 provides you with a secure link that actually goes behind your company's firewall to get you on the company intranet.

I just was letting you Falcon guys play!

For those who feel so inclined, a gravel kit is available on the Lear as well.

GV

GVFlyer said:

Of course it does. The Swift 64 provides you with a secure link that actually goes behind your company's firewall to get you on the company intranet.

GVFlyer...

How do you guys like the Swift 64? I think that is the system we are having installed in our 900's...

Re: Swift 64

GVFlyer said:
To use test speak - It is still a developmental item.

GV

Yeah, thats what I thought, I know they cut us a really good deal, I think to get their foot in the door and use us as a sort of test bed...

Time will tell...

You need the Gravel Kit

I love the emergency descent in the -2000, 15,000+ FPM:eek:

The -2000 is a very enjoyable plane to fly! I'm not aware of it being certified to fly off / on anything but hard surface runways.
[/QUOTE]

You can comply with the 'Gravel Kit' SB. Our 10 has it. Basically it consists of doublers under the flaps, directly aft of the MLG, metal grill covers for the landing lights, and a clear heavy duty plastic guard infront of the belly beacon.

that's it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back