• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dassault Falcon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did some full stalls in the actual airplane during training with Falcon Jet, very nice airplane.

I saw the show last night also. I'm sure it's a marketing deal doing the takeoff and landing from grass. I doubt it's certified by any goverment agency. But maybe........

Last edited:
fokkerjet said:
Heard one story in initial about a crew flying an empty -2000, at night. Overflew ORD somewhere in the 40's and made a straight in into PWK with no problem.

I think you might need to put your boots on for this one...

PWK is only about 7 miles north of ORD... Just think of the geometry of that one. At "40 something" thousand feet you'd be doing 460 KTAS which is 7.6 miles per minute, which means they would cover that 7 miles in about a minute. They would have been doing 45,000 FPM+ in the descent to make that one work...

The best I have done is right at 20,000 FPM in a descent from FL 450 down to 10,000 ft... This took idle power, full speed brakes and descending at Mmo (0.86M) to Vmo (370 KIAS)... Not much more I could have done to make it come down any faster...

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
I did FL350 to wheels on the runway in 3 min 26 sec. Of course, this was in the sim during training. Had it been the real plane I would have probably ripped the gear doors off the plane (lowered gear at 356kts) and more than likely would have fried the brakes as well. But, thats what sims are made for (doing that which you would never think of doing in the real thing). I would have never imagined getting the plane down 35,000 feet and on the ground in that short of time (civilian plane anyway).

I have seen pictures of Falcon 50's operating on unimproved strips throughout Africa. I don't know what if any special requirments have to be met though. But, if a 737 can do it, why not a Falcon!:D

2000Flyer

During a stint in Africa I saw 737’’s and 727’s operate off of dirt strips in Northern Angola in support of mining operations.

It is my understanding that it is a FAA certification issue. The HS125 is certificated for unimproved runways, but you will not find that in any US a/c AFM. I saw the show also and they stated that it was certified for unimproved runways. I'm not sure if I would want to do it with the small nose tire though

I'm not sure about other aircraft, but some C500 series planes are certified for gravel runways, provided you have the nosewheel spin-up kit installed and T/Rs are not used on landing.

You'll also see some LR25/35s with this kit installed.

2000Flyer

Where is he?

Shouldn't GVFlyer be showing up soon professing the virtues of Savannah?
I just love stirring the pot :D .

Re: Where is he?

rice said:
Shouldn't GVFlyer be showing up soon professing the virtues of Savannah?
I just love stirring the pot :D .

OH GREAT! NOW you did it!

He must be off in some far corner of the world where they don't have internet access... that would be the ONLY logical explanation for his absence on a Pro-Falcon thread!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back