Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Piedmont DHC-8

FUK ALPA & USAirways Mgt
try 260-270 true at altitude and the dash is better built than any of your pieces of crap every will be:eek:

Well, if this wasn't a totally random thread, I don't know what is.

Nevertheless, I'll add that the PHX to DRO route has been served by both a Dash and a CRJ, and the total flight time difference isn't more than 20 minutes or so in the real world, which, to me, isn't even noticable.

-Boo!

Sorry fellows, another Piedmont Toolbox!!!! Seems to be a bunch of them around. The Dash is Sloowwww get over it. I know you and I wish it were a jet. And now you are trying to make it somethings its not. The 100's you are lucky to get 210KIAS in level flight. heheh 200/300's about 230KIAS at 10,000. Its a great plane, but slow.
But theres not many regional planes like our 300's that can take 50 folks, 2000lbs of bags... Fill it with 5600lbs of gas and go with no restrictions.
Don't get me wrong, I dont want to go fast. We get block or better so I am in no hurry ever. And its a great plane with a very good safety record.

i think he said it trues out at that speed, but i wouldn't know about the numbers i i just never bother to push that 'tas' button on the panel.

it's not that i'm lazy bob, it's that i just don't care.

i think maybe that he was replying to another thread and inadvertantly hit 'new thread' rather than reply, now here's the fun part, try to find the original thread he might have been trying to add to.

and i'm with wsurf on this, at block or better, i'd much rather be in the spaciousness of the dash cockpit, than cramped into that tiny, rediculously (can't go without headsets) noisy junk, err i mean, jungle jet

DHC-8-100's are slooooooooooooooooow, although I wouldn't have traded the Dash for Saab or Brasilia or any baby jet.

:cool:

P.S. Dash, what the hell is that thing dangling between your chick's legs? ;)

try 260-270 true at altitude and the dash is better built than any of your pieces of crap every will be

ummm...how about 460-470 true at altitude. It's probably built better than the ones I'm flyin now. But, mine are mostly less than 6 MONTHS old, so they got a few hours left in them before they are officially POS's...:)

B

I think the Brasilia kicks butt, but it sucks in the summertime when you are trying to get people on an oversold flight from SLC-COD that is weight restricted to 12 people 5 bags & some gas.

That's part of the reason (I think) UAL has chosen Mesa to do some of their Turboprop flying out of DEN.

Piedmont DHC-8 said:
try 260-270 true at altitude and the dash is better built than any of your pieces of crap every will be:eek:

Actually the ATR would look for Dash's. It was the only airplane we could always beat! And yes if it fit in the door we could take it, never had any weight restrictions.

The dash is an incredibly fun plane to fly with a huge cockpit and is extremely versatile. $70,000/yr is not to bad at a regional flying a 15 year old turboprop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back