• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dasburg knew all along

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guyz need to detach emotionally and see this for what it izz...Business, plain and simple. Go after DHL for breach of contract if you can make it stick, and opt for some type of settlement. No judge can force them to stick with a provider they don't want, but he can enforce a payment of a contract, if you have one. Long and short of it, both groups are contractors, and you'll hear that a lot in court. Trust me, I saw this pony show play out up in Dayton first hand. I sympathize with your plight, but the die is cast. When the time comes, don't let your emotions interfere with a business decision. ( Getting a handful of cash in a settlement) Good luck.

Sure it's business, why do you think we launched the lawsuit? Contractual Law, plain and simple.

The part I don't get is why people with no interest in this whatsoever are so quick to come on here and tell us how wrong we are for protecting our collective interest.

In my humble opinion... and I don't know if the Huns are this smart, but the grand DHL plan does seem to be to put the competition out of business.

I think I saw Joe Hete there. It was like that scene from "in the line of fire" with Eastwood.

Dasburg can't get visibly involved yet if he wants to keep the peace with DHL in order to pick up the pieces if the UPS/DHL merger falls apart.

The above questions will be answered when the lawsuit gets under way.

There will not be any pieces left to pick up!

You go ahead and go with that idea....Everybody has to have a dream.........

I think I saw Joe Hete there. It was like that scene from "in the line of fire" with Eastwood.

Dasburg can't get visibly involved yet if he wants to keep the peace with DHL in order to pick up the pieces if the UPS/DHL merger falls apart.

The above questions will be answered when the lawsuit gets under way.

http://www.wnewsj.com/SiteImages/Article/168391.jpg[/IMG]
[FONT=ARIAL BLACK, ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Analysts told of deal’s downsides[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]WILMINGTON[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]By GARY HUFFENBERGER[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF][email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]A publicity campaign to make powerful interests alert to the underside of the proposed deal between DHL and UPS now has targeted its message at financial analysts.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]The campaign, known as Save Ohio Jobs, is funded by Teamsters Local 1224, the ABX Air pilots union. Previously, in trying to fan out challenges to the proposed pact, the publicity effort placed advertisements in the publications Roll Call and The Hill, both well read by the politically powerful in Washington, D.C.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]This time the target audience was people with money influence.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Financial analysts from some of the world’s leading financial institutions took part in a July 31 conference call where one of the agenda items was the proposed DHL/UPS arrangement. According to a Save Ohio Jobs press release, the publicity campaign sent the analysts material regarding the proposed agreement “and the devastating effect to Wilmington.”[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]The correspondence to the analysts highlighted the economic and other impact to the Wilmington area. Among the figures were the projected loss of up to 10,000 jobs, as well as a regional taskforce’s estimate that total short-term economic impact to the area would be more than half a billion dollars.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]“Reaching out to financial analysts across the world had a three-fold purpose,” said publicity campaign spokeswoman Collette Tucker. “One, it is important that the proposed agreement is not made in a boardroom, without considering the impact and devastation to the families in Wilmington that have made their homes and dedicated their careers to DHL.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]“Secondly, the agreement just doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t make good business sense for UPS or DHL and it is certainly not good for consumers,” she added.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]“Thirdly, we wanted to make the analysts aware that this has become an economic issue not just statewide in Ohio, but across the nation. Not only has the congressional delegation of Ohio openly opposed this issue, but both candidates for president are talking about this issue,” Tucker said.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]She said time will tell what impact the correspondence with the financial analysts will have. She said she knows the messages were read.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]According to the correspondence sent to the analysts, when DHL acquired Airborne Express in August 2003, there were about 8,500 employees at the Wilmington Air Park. According to the correspondence, Airborne Express during its 23-year history had one unprofitable quarter.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]After sketching the impact a pullout of the DHL air hub is expected to have on Wilmington-area residents and the local economy, the correspondence says in bold type, “We can only conclude that DHL has disregarded one of its core corporate values, ‘to accept social responsibility which includes committing to goals that generate benefits for the communities where it works and respecting the traditions, structures and values of the countries where it operates.’”[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]In a myth/fact sheet, the publicity campaign urges stakeholders to consider, “Should an agreement with UPS take effect but later fail to achieve the desired results, DHL will have no viable option other than UPS. Reportedly, once the agreement with UPS is in effect, ASTAR Air Cargo will no longer exist and ABX Air will not have the requisite air lift capacity to service DHL freight. Simply put, the DHL-UPS agreement is an irrevocable step.”[/FONT]

Last edited:
:eek: Aaahhh, I let that one slip by under the radar. I'm slacking. Must have been when I was working the smoker and throwing a few back.
But I did get my weekly letters to Senators and Congressmen out last week.
Great Article A300, THANKS 1224!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back