Dasburg knew all along

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

penguin22

Correct me if I'm wrong. Dasburg didn't bother showing up Thursday at the private meeting with McCain, Turner, and the Economic Task Force principals.

Geez, you’d think a CEO of a company who just learned May 28 that his company was getting shut down would be a bit more involved here. Unless he knew all along that this was going to be the outcome.

I think he was recruited just for this job. Caretaker of DHL Airways/Astar until it was time to shut it down. He was promised a big payoff, and got it when DHL bought half his company for… how much? 100+ million, wasn’t it?

He tried to take ABX out also, with the letter of ‘Interest’ to buy it, because he knows that’s always been the ultimate goal here… The systematic elimination of all the smaller express carriers. Just as Rep. Turner suggested.

I hope not. But how are you ever going to know? Maybe the congressional hearings will shed some light on a lot of things....

Correct me if I'm wrong. Dasburg didn't bother showing up Thursday at the private meeting with McCain, Turner, and the Economic Task Force principals.

Geez, you’d think a CEO of a company who just learned May 28 that his company was getting shut down would be a bit more involved here. Unless he knew all along that this was going to be the outcome.

I think he was recruited just for this job. Caretaker of DHL Airways/Astar until it was time to shut it down. He was promised a big payoff, and got it when DHL bought half his company for… how much? 100+ million, wasn’t it?

He tried to take ABX out also, with the letter of ‘Interest’ to buy it, because he knows that’s always been the ultimate goal here… The systematic elimination of all the smaller express carriers. Just as Rep. Turner suggested.

I think I saw Joe Hete there. It was like that scene from "in the line of fire" with Eastwood.

Dasburg can't get visibly involved yet if he wants to keep the peace with DHL in order to pick up the pieces if the UPS/DHL merger falls apart.

The above questions will be answered when the lawsuit gets under way.

Dasburg can't get visibly involved yet if he wants to keep the peace with DHL in order to pick up the pieces if the UPS/DHL merger falls apart.

The above questions will be answered when the lawsuit gets under way.
So you're a CEO and your company just got eliminated. You're just going to do nothing? but keep the peace with DHL? I don't buy it.

Unless that's what you were hired for in the first place.

I think your lawsuit has merit.

First of all, I'm no fan of John Dasburg.

But if Mr. Dasburg wanted to meet with McCain, all he needs to do is call him on the phone, or invite him to stop by his mansion in Miami. Dasburg is a big contributor to the GOP, and has heavy ties with the Bush family.

Also their are 4 partners in Astar with Dasburg and DHL being two of them. The third one is a guy named Richard C. Blum, who happens to be married to Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)

My guess is you don't see Dasburg publicly getting involved because 49% of Astar is tied to DHL.

First of all, I'm no fan of John Dasburg.

But if Mr. Dasburg wanted to meet with McCain, all he needs to do is call him on the phone, or invite him to stop by his mansion in Miami. Dasburg is a big contributor to the GOP, and has heavy ties with the Bush family.

Also their are 4 partners in Astar with Dasburg and DHL being two of them. The third one is a guy named Richard C. Blum, who happens to be married to Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)

My guess is you don't see Dasburg publicly getting involved because 49% of Astar is tied to DHL.

I think that is penguins point about him not getting involved. If it were his intentions to buy out ABX and have a company anyway. His company is going to be mothballed and he just sits quiet and says "okay"? Nothing against the Astar workers, but I said it before during the letter of interest saga, that guy is a dirtbag and thinks squat about workers (at least from past dealings at Northwest).

Dasburg Knew

Of course he knew. It's been obvious for several years he is simply a mouthpiece/caretaker/lawskirter for the Huns. He buys friends and friends buy him. Just another slimy piece of a sleazy puzzle. He and his "investment goup" ( when is Fienstien getting outed publicly?) are paid handsomely to do just as DHL tells him to do. At one point I thought Dasburg may not be looked upon favorably by DHL because of his failure to develop and grow Astar. That thought quickly faded when he spoke to the Astar pilots and said there is no buisiness other than DHL. DHL is it. This in spite of promisses to grow Astar and be a "hands on" CEO. He recently stated to the Astar pilots when asked why he chose not to refleet the airline, "DHL never told me to refleet"

Don't look for Dasburg to do anything positive for "his" company. He's just another criminally inclined rapist CEO who is interested in one thing. Lining his pockets at our expense.

You guyz need to detach emotionally and see this for what it izz...Business, plain and simple. Go after DHL for breach of contract if you can make it stick, and opt for some type of settlement. No judge can force them to stick with a provider they don't want, but he can enforce a payment of a contract, if you have one. Long and short of it, both groups are contractors, and you'll hear that a lot in court. Trust me, I saw this pony show play out up in Dayton first hand. I sympathize with your plight, but the die is cast. When the time comes, don't let your emotions interfere with a business decision. ( Getting a handful of cash in a settlement) Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back