• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Darn greedy no good FedEx pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys relax. It is the friggin commercial appeal, which on media relevance rates slightly higher than the Enquirer (but not by much). I guess Fred did have the panache to get it covered by the Washington Post.

The three best weapons our MEC has for maintaining solidarity:

1. This offer

2. The Optimizer

3. The farming out of the only decent flying left on the -10.

pilotyip said:
Show them who is boss, shut the place down you deserve much more.
Thanks, I'm glad you're on our side!!!

Another great post Albie, and 100% correct.

I'm ALPA, but I was NOT big on joining a Union when I left active duty. I was sure ALPA wasn't looking out for me or my interests, but only their own. I'm not sold on Woerth and his gang at Herndon, but this latest offer/ambush by "The Company" has definitely driven me into the FDX ALPA camp.

SWPA Pilot said:
I have flown passengers and boxes, although there are might be more worries with passengers (drunk passengers, sick passengers, passengers complain) once the door is shut the FA's take care of that. The "flying" is actually harder when you go to non-tower airports in bad weather in the middle of the night. Never saw a passenger carrier do that.

I am guessing that you have never flown for a 121 Supplemental carrier

We probably ought to put this little pax/box argument to bed. It's nothing but a circular firing squad. I can't see how not supporting each other is going to help out either camp.

I've flown both, and there are hard parts to both. I wouldn't call either job easy.

With pax you NEVER KNOW who's back there - the FAA, the press, your management, a buddy of your CEO, or (in a friend of mine's case) a USAF type with a hard-on about how you flew an approach. His letter made it to the CEO of Delta, then on back down to his chief pilot. The captain got a month off. You never know who's back there.

With cargo, it's the opposite - NOBODY's back there. At least you hope so. Man it creeps me out on those long night DC10 legs to go back to the john. I lock the lav door, though it could easily be kicked in. Nobody ever boxes themself up and sneaks on a cargo jet, right? Nobody ever tried to hijack a FDX plane, right? And don't forget emergencies. At my pax carrier, we had a flight attendant help save a pilot after a crash. At FDX you just better be conscious and ambulatory or you are SOL.

Let's stop the circle-jerk, shall we? I promise you, our managements all go to the same ATA meetings.....

Contracts, contracts.............

It's been a long time and we both need a new one. It is painfully easy to blow that FedEx bonus on a bike or car or wife in a matter of seconds. Just read this morning that UPS is buying "OVERNITE" for 1.25 billion in cash. Are you "effing" kidding me. FedEx and UPS cannot find a building large enough to stuff with all the cash they have. Our new round of negotiations starts today.........I hope they brought a copy of that news article with them. They bought Menlo with about as much financial thought as the rest of us need to go out and buy lunch. 1.25 billion, 1.25 billion...........with a "B".

At FedEx $500 million over three years amounts to interest from their bank accounts. It is unacceptable. That's why we are still negotiating after 3 years because what they offer is unacceptable.

Better make sure the deal includes getting the FedEx jumpseats reopened up or your days or non-recip jumpseating are numbered.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back