• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA elects new officers from DAL/NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was explained he was a little less than happy about the SLI.

I can see why. I lost almost 7 years of seniority. Wouldn't you be a bit miffed. Granted, it is not any DAL crewmember's fault. However, I think some on the NWA side are pissed that some of you guys think that we struck a goldmine in this merger and we should be grateful to be bestowed the honor of becoming Delta pilots. That is a bit off-putting to say the least.

The 2000/2001 NWA hires got ROYALLY screwed in the SLI. Again, not a fault of any crewmember. I have always been cordial to any DAL crewmember. That will all change though when one of you says something to my face about how I somehow "came out ahead" in the SLI.

Last edited:
Donaldd--BIG MAN BEHIND A COMPUTER WOW!!! YOU DID COME OUT AHEAD. So tell us your name and we will all be happy to tell you so. Geez, grow up Donald Duck, you misrepresent every NWA guy I have ever met.

Fuzz,

Not trying to be a "big man behind a computer" at all. Just speaking reality here my friend. So you say I did come out ahead. I would love to hear your logic on this one, and don't start with the payraise mantra. I would gladly give the cash up in exchange for the seniority I lost. The payraises were not the sole result of DALPA either. It took the merger and BOTH NWALPA and DALPA to get our raises.

Just like you say I came out ahead, I hope you 2007 DAL newhires realize how lucky you are.

I agree the 2007 hires are fortunate for the most part. You and I must have been hired on at roughly the same time at our respective companies though for your seniority to have been effected that badly.

Last edited:
Just one more qualifier to boost the DAL pilot's ego!! Just like the 50 brass buttons, 2 nametags, hat emblem(a.k.a. haberdashery monstrosity!), and dual set of wings!!! The sheet metal these boys lug around is endless!

Tried to say a friendly "Hello!" to one of these boys in DTW the other day, and the most he could muster back was a unfriendly, cold, 'I'm better than you', dismissive, "HOW'S IT GOIN!"(I won't look at you cause you are a second rate aviator) response. This is not the first time I have tried to be friendly to one of these "Double Breasted Pre-Madonnas". All I can say is give it up and lower your pretentious guard!!! You are no better than anyone else!!

Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You said "Hello" he said back "How is it going" and you got all this bs in just that two seconds? Dude you should look in the mirror before you go off with saying who has a problem!

Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You said "Hello" he said back "How is it going" and you got all this bs in just that two seconds? Dude you should look in the mirror before you go off with saying who has a problem!

If you were there you would understand. Like I said I have tried to say hello to several of you guys and I always get a cold response. One guy just looked at me and turned his head away. Maybe it's me and my lack of deodorant, who knows.

Last edited:
ok. I hear ya. I try to give a friendly howdy to each in ear shot and at least a nod even if they are far away. I too have gotten some turn aways and lack of responses. I have come to find that more often than not it is not intentional. They may be beat from flying all day or night and commuting home with no sleep or something else. But every time I had a moment to stand and say more than a passing hello, it has always been a nice talk.

If you were there you would understand. Like I said I have tried to say hello to several of you guys and I always get a cold response. One guy just looked at me and turned his head away. Maybe it's me and my lack of deodorant, who knows.

I've been treated the same way. F*ck em. I just avoid eye contact now, and pretend they are not there.

Latest resources

Back