Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's to some blue goo for you . . . .

Buckaroo said:
C'mon General Lee, why don't you guys demand United +1% and march in mindless lockstep a block from headquarters like you did last time?

It will work again, trust me!

I don't know where to even start with this one.

Anyone that is so titillated at watching this carrier be destroyed by incompetent management, and gets his jollies by coming on here baiting the Delta pilots and blaming them for this situation- well, you really don't deserve to be a part of this profession, from what I can see.

I think a lav truck is probably the best place for you . . . . inside of one, that is.

I agree with Ty Webb about baiting the Delta pilots on this forum. It does no good at this point. The General I think needs to be careful when he exclaims that the other employee groups have not sacrificed as much % wise as the pilot group. Excluding upper management, DL non pilot employee groups compensation was between 65-85% of the highest in the industry before pay cuts, depending on position. The pilot groups compensation was the highest in the industry by a large margin before cuts. Its logical therefore that the pilot group would have to sacrifice a larger percentage of their compensation.

General Lee said:
So right you are! The RJs have NOT helped our situation at all, and companies like SkyWest have been "insulated" (a la Ron Reber) from high fuel costs, leaving us with the bill. Without those savings, SkyWest would be the next Indy Air.

You truly live in a vacuum.

Have you been drug tested lately?

proftomda said:
I agree with Ty Webb about baiting the Delta pilots on this forum. It does no good at this point. The General I think needs to be careful when he exclaims that the other employee groups have not sacrificed as much % wise as the pilot group. Excluding upper management, DL non pilot employee groups compensation was between 65-85% of the highest in the industry before pay cuts, depending on position. The pilot groups compensation was the highest in the industry by a large margin before cuts. Its logical therefore that the pilot group would have to sacrifice a larger percentage of their compensation.

That's what happens when you pay money to a union to get you a good contract. When you don't protect yourself, you are open to losing what you have. Also, look at the average age and compensation of our flight attendants at Delta compared to Airtran and Southwest. We now make about the same as those pilots, or less, when our flight attendants are twice as old and compensated twice as much, compared to all of their new hires. I could possibly see past that if our flight attendants posted good numbers in the Zagat survey or some other survey, but our mainline product consistantly is low to poor. (Song is great) That is one area we do need to cut back and weed out the grumpy ones.(which will save us more money---hire younger, cheaper, more enthusiastic ones)

Bye Bye--General Lee

CFIT said:
You truly live in a vacuum.

Have you been drug tested lately?

Yes, two weeks ago. I passed!

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Yes, two weeks ago. I passed!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well that leaves only one other thing to explain your logic.

Maybe car has an exhaust leak......

cfit,

Pilots get sick of taking pay cuts that management uses to give themselves bonuses and start a fare war. Delta's goal has always been to get to bankruptcy and reorganize; the pilots were the only ones smart enough to figure it out.

I hope DAL management knows Good Goes Around.

Buckaroo said:
C'mon General Lee, why don't you guys demand United +1% and march in mindless lockstep a block from headquarters like you did last time?

It will work again, trust me!

Why don't you leave the negotiations to the grownups junior!!! I sure am glad that someone's demise is your jolly. Maybe the next airline that goes CHP 7. liquidation, you can pivot at your next circle jerk!

So what's the rate

So what will be the new rate for a 737 12 year Capt.?

I guess around $65 an hour?

Latest resources

Back