• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good one guys! But people who wear retarded uniforms shouldn't really call anyone a VI.

I mean for real guys, why don't you grab a little self respect and stand up for yourselves? It's bad enough they pay you guys a shade more than a TSA guy, but to make you wear those outfits as well?

I would say yes to the hats. Our Flt Ops leadership loves the hats. Actually did a survey of our precious medals about getting rid of them. It was a resounding NO. I would expect it to stay as it. Maybe the wings and emblems will change to match the new widget but that it is. This company likes traditions, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I would say yes to the hats. Our Flt Ops leadership loves the hats. Actually did a survey of our precious medals about getting rid of them. It was a resounding NO. I would expect it to stay as it. Maybe the wings and emblems will change to match the new widget but that it is. This company likes traditions, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully they won't continue with the pay cutting tradition.

Wow, that was another thought provoking deeply stimulating thread. This website really rocks, I'll never leave the house again. Now I can spend all my time reading the National Enquirer of aviation !!!

Last edited:
ACL, why don't you just put him on your ignore list? FI is much better without his antagonistic BS. There's only 3 things TC is good at; serving coffee, taking orders and making himself feel important by throwing insults on FI.

Now back to the topic. Hats for the new DAL, yes or no?

You give TC way too much credit. I don't think he can even do the first two things, but the third is true!

As for the hats, I'd like to see them go or at least be optional. As a commuter, when I have to take it with me, they are a pain in the a$$ to transport around!

Interesting thing is that none of us ever saw the results of the "survey". Just more flt. ops. b.s. Hats are optional when the oat is above 70.

The hats look nice in the wintertime with the full coat and such. They don't look quite right and it just mats my ever receding hair as well as makes my forehead sweat. I just assume if we're gonna keep the hat around, make it optional in the summer and required in the winter with the coat (if they want it required part of the time).

Regardless, whenever I'm south of the US, the hat typically isn't found on my head.

Abbots makes the best DL uniform...much higher quality material. I think it is a tad more expensive. Don't expect much customer service, esp from the black lady...but it is a far superior product.

Heyas,

Personally, I'd go back to wearing the hat if I could keep my leather jacket.

Anyone who's tried to pack for a 4-5 day on the -9 will agree that it's a)warmer, b)WAY more convienent.

When you're doing a walk around in FAR when it's -40 (say, around October), you too will realize that overcoats are just for show.

Oh yea, for the DAL FO types. Don't forget to pack a "stocking" cap this winter. Your ears will thank you.

Nu

Heyas,

Personally, I'd go back to wearing the hat if I could keep my leather jacket.

Anyone who's tried to pack for a 4-5 day on the -9 will agree that it's a)warmer, b)WAY more convienent.

When you're doing a walk around in FAR when it's -40 (say, around October), you too will realize that overcoats are just for show.

Oh yea, for the DAL FO types. Don't forget to pack a "stocking" cap this winter. Your ears will thank you.

Nu

Most captain's at DL do the walk around on the FO's leg. Not universal but almost, but if you need a "stocking cap" I can see that going out the window more often.

Do NWA guys have the leather? I had it at my previous airline and I really miss wearing it (definitely warmer, and I thought it looked good). I wish management would let us get leather jackets after the merger.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back