• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL to Nairobi....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, when I google meladrone I get some like to some link to some artist/or fan site.
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Melodrone

But when I google MALARONE, I get a better defined explanation.
Seems like the General's expertise on malaria protection is about as good as his expertise on the Delta contract.:rolleyes:

Obviously I don't have to go to Africa, so I don't use MALARONE. But thanks for checkin! Hey, any chance you can find me some good MAKARONI around here?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Been to several cities on the Dark Continent and they were all wonderful places NOT to visit. I have been to a few places that were OK but I'll skip the OK to misss the really bad....

That's Delta's get-out-of-an-OJI drug the Lawyers told them to issue.....no worries though, it kills your liver quick and dirty. No Malaria, but you need dialysis by the time you are 50.

Are you guys required to have the shots by Delta or for entry requirements? If you refuse, are you exempt from flying them? Those trips seem like they would be fun to try maybe once or twice.

The only shot required is the yellow fever shot. Malarone is purely voluntary usage. You have to start the treatment 2 days ahead of time and stop 2 days after I believe, so if a guy is on a trip and gets rerouted into it, he has rights of refusal. If you are on reserve, be ready for it. It is given out for free at Delta clinics and approved pharmacies.

Rumor I heard was if you catch it and try to file an OJI, the first question asked was "are you on the Malarone? and if so where did you fill the prescription?"

I think they give us a cut rate on all the other shots at the clinics....(Hep A, B, oral polio, etc.) I know my yellow shot card was full in a former life when I traveled down there.

Oh come on, quit being so dramatic. I don't want anything bad to happen to Delta, I just don't have to fly to Africa. Delta Security and the TSA monitor what's going on over there, hence why the TSA hasn't allowed Delta to start service to some of those places. So, If you are junior and bid the ER in NYC or ATL, you might have to go there, be prepared, end of story.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

No drama here, you supply enough on FI to go around. The truth of the matter is that if you trust Delta Corp. Security to watch your six, then why did the glacier-like speed of the US Government and it's Intelligence people put a stop to it at the 11th hour while Delta was even SELLING TICKETS? Corp. Security was all gung-ho (because Marketing said to keep quiet) and cleared this thing to go......

Again, not drama, reality. I became very intimate with Corp. Security after an event last year and my confidence has slipped that they got it all together.

Hi!

Malarone is probably a good idea if you are going to a high Malarial area for a short trip (NOT trips). It is NOT good to take it long term!!!
So, if you are a DAL guy, I would STRONGLY recc. NOT taking Malarone, unless its for one trip to Africa on holiday, in a high-malarial area. (NBO is not a high malarial area).
Here in Africa, Malaria is common and is normally treated easily and quickly for those of us with access to decent local health care. If you have been to a malarial area, and you are back in Europe/US with strange symptoms, tell the docs to do a MALARIA TEST FIRST! Then move on to other tests/treatment options. Many health care providers in Euro/US don't think to check for malaria, and it CAN cause a problem if a serious case is left untreated.

cliff
LFW

Obviously I don't have to go to Africa, so I don't use MALARONE. But thanks for checkin! Hey, any chance you can find me some good MAKARONI around here?

Bye Bye---General Lee

All that seniority, and you still don't even know your own contract.;)
As long as you stay consistent with the misinformation...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
All that seniority, and you still don't even know your own contract.;)
As long as you stay consistent with the misinformation...:rolleyes:

Yeah, senior people know the contract best! Just ask any widebody Captain. Wow, you are smart. Now, go take your malarone, junior, and keep reading that contract while on the toilet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

No drama here, you supply enough on FI to go around. The truth of the matter is that if you trust Delta Corp. Security to watch your six, then why did the glacier-like speed of the US Government and it's Intelligence people put a stop to it at the 11th hour while Delta was even SELLING TICKETS? Corp. Security was all gung-ho (because Marketing said to keep quiet) and cleared this thing to go......

Again, not drama, reality. I became very intimate with Corp. Security after an event last year and my confidence has slipped that they got it all together.

True Bill, I don't only trust them for total security. But, they do seem to have a pretty good idea of what is happening around the world, and will work with you if you have a problem. And, the TSA showed that they also have an idea by blocking new routes if they deemed it unsafe, something I didn't even know they could do. Nothing is perfect, but we don't fly into known war zones (unless certain MAC flights without layovers I would bet)and stay at unsecure hotels, like other airlines out there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back