• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL to convert 787 to 777 orders WSJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, that's when we'll hear of the reduction in 50-seat flying and the shifting of more DC-9's to E-175's. Probably also get the official announcement of the 787 replacements and the parking of the 747-200's.

The 747-200 is not going to disappear anytime soon. They might park a few more but we just signed a new contract with the US military to fly military freight to the middle east and back. This is in addition to the military passenger flying. They are already planning around 75 missions for 2009 for just freight flying.

Zoomies? So, where did your guys go to school then? East Flint State?

So you don't like me answering a question with a question? You don't? Why?

Maybe there hasn't been recent arbitration ruling with what you stated. Can the arbitrators look at the mission of your DC9s and the pre DCC payscale and derive from that where they fit in the full fleet plan, and where those pilots should be placed on the overall seniority list? I think they can. You guys bring in a LARGE amount of the smallest, and lowest paying plane type in our fleet. No getting around that. Many of them will be replaced eventually by E175s or CR9s, and that has been explained to the arbitrators. They have also received confidental data on future plans (blocked out on transcripts). We'll see how it goes......... But, we made a great case of putting your DC9 in a "group of it's own."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thought so......Just can't answer a simple question. Too bad you weren't one of the witness'

Hey Fly4hire, what did that take, 5 posts. too funny. These guys are way too easy.
You started this with your derisive "take" on DAL's attitude toward your 787 orders, what did you expect? Too funny indeed, 787 orders likely to be cancelled in favor of 777 orders....hilarious!!!!!....uncontrollable laughter!......hahahahaha.!...nyuck,nyuck,nyuck,nyuck....(ala Curley of the 3 stooges). Unlike the 787, with the future 777 orders there may be a little "difficulty" determining which pilot group they "belong to". Yeah, nwaredtail, we are way to easy, and you are sooooo sinisterly cunning and clever that you've found a way in your own twisted mind to laugh at us. But since the 787 was entirely "your" airplane, kinda tough to find a way to laugh with us on this one...

You started this with your derisive "take" on DAL's attitude toward your 787 orders, what did you expect? Too funny indeed, 787 orders likely to be cancelled in favor of 777 orders....hilarious!!!!!....uncontrollable laughter!......hahahahaha.!...nyuck,nyuck,nyuck,nyuck....(ala Curley of the 3 stooges). Unlike the 787, with the future 777 orders there may be a little "difficulty" determining which pilot group they "belong to". Yeah, nwaredtail, we are way to easy, and you are sooooo sinisterly cunning and clever that you've found a way in your own twisted mind to laugh at us. But since the 787 was entirely "your" airplane, kinda tough to find a way to laugh with us on this one...

Easy big fella, just teasin y'all a bit. Put down the computer and get back to " This week in NASCAR". (just teasing you again, relax)

BTW, historically, if orders are converted and they were slotted for one group, they stay with that group. If it's a new order, they get divided up. Not that history has anything to do with this merger.

Love ya lots..

Easy big fella, just teasin y'all a bit. Put down the computer and get back to " This week in NASCAR". (just teasing you again, relax)

BTW, historically, if orders are converted and they were slotted for one group, they stay with that group. If it's a new order, they get divided up. Not that history has anything to do with this merger.

Love ya lots..
Ok, but put some smiley faces in there somewhere next time.:) BTW, what driver d'you like? Them NASCAR sumbitches is good, ain't they?

Even though I give General Dip$hit a hard time (and everyone knows he deserves it)I know, deep down, he knows NWA was the ABSOLUTE best merger partner for DAL.

He knows NWA always made more $$ than DAL, even though we were 1/3 smaller, had older airplanes, and the terrible hubs. While some say, "you should be glad you are getting DAL's staffing for the Int'l routes", others may see this as, "why is NWA so much more efficient than DAL?" Depends on where you sit.

He knows NWA's huge cash position will insure DAL is the last man standing if things get ugly, which they probably will.

He knows the "old" DC-9's have a CSM in the .06 range with gas this low. Translation. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He also knows that if NWA parks airplanes, pilots from both groups will get furloughed and move backwards. I know he doesn't want that.

So, as much as some on this board would like to slam and think it's appropriate for the NWA guys to be thankful, my opinion is it goes both ways, kinda like Mr. Mike's Apartment :0

BTW, wore my new Delta baseball hat to the gym today, my AA buddies were very jealous.

Worried, nope. I am quite happy with the case we presented to the arbitrators.
As for the good news, it has nothing to do with the SLI

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the "Delta Daily"? Every day it ends with some bad news. Today was about the recession, past days included decreasing demand and other negative news. Is this a subtle sign, setting us up for the big "F" because of economic conditions(not merger related furloughs)after 08 Dec? Or am I reading too much into the email? Please tell me your good news involves RJ cuts like we have anticipated...

Last edited:
It is setting up the employee groups for the need front line cuts. Most pilots do not read that, they know this. It is posted in many break rooms.
That is not to say that we will not furlough. We are just not there yet. I have not heard the F word tossed around, and it be serious talk.

Latest resources

Back