Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL shows "Brokeback Mountain" inflight!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously, who cares? I'm straight and fully confident in my sexuality and had no problems with the movie. Those of you that do are ignorant idiots. If it bothers you that much then I think you have some serious personal issues.

I am also straight and fully confident in my sexuality but it f%$#ing grosses me out to see guys making out with eachother. This I cannot change. I can't just say "I will not be grossed out anymore by that." There are a lot of other people out there like me. Yes, I can choose not to watch, and that is what I would've done. However DAL should choose movies that everyone can watch.

This whole gay thing is just like the racial discrimination of the 1960's and earlier. In 50 years, I can only hope, we will look back at the way we currently discriminate against people of different sexual persuasions than our own and be sick to our stomachs. It's human nature to hate people who are different than ourselves, but when it comes down to it, gayness is a part of our society these days, and if you can't handle it, don't put on your headphones and watch the film. Anyone who is truly comfortable in their sexuality won't have a problem watching this film anyway. Perhaps Delta isn't the problem. It's people who are closed minded to people who are different than themselves and are unable to be secure in themselves who are the problem. I've never had a gay man bother me, and I don't see what the big deal is with people being different than myself. Get over yourselves and let people be who they are. We've all got enough crap going on in our own lives that we don't need to be worrying about the way others live their lives. It's bulliness pure and simple and it's ignorant. I'm done with my rant. Get over yourselves!

Convincing the masses!

Why shouldn't they show it? If you don't want to see it don't watch. It was only the most award winning movie last year..Get over it!

That was because Hollywood is promoting that life style. When Hollywood wants to move people in their direction, they make movies and vote for an award. This gives the average idiot out there the impression that the whole country is thinking that way. Look at M Moors "documentary"! It got an academy award as well even though it turned out to be complete BS. Hollywood does not like the current administration so that is how they try to sway the opinion of the populous. I guess it works.

shamrock said:
And you know you're a Liberal when:

-you believe in "Diversity" only when it involves what you find acceptable.
-you believe in respecting opinions only when it involves opinions that you agree with.
-anyone who disgrees with you is an "ignorant idiot".

shamrock said:
For a second there I thought you were talking about Hollywood. Then again we know they are much more qualified to comment on the state of the world, seeing as how they are celebrities and all. :rolleyes:

Those Saturday night sinners/Sunday morning preachers are no more entitled to tell anyone how to think then the Liberals are who tell us what we should accept as normal. Difference is, the Liberals are rarely, if ever, called on it, and when they are the person questioning the double standard is automatically branded an intolerant, "ignorant idiot".

It's funny how something slightly against the right wing agenda brings the kooks out of the woodwork. All of a sudden you hear a bunch of flag waiving, proud American, let's kick all of these liberal pansies back to Europe, blah blah.

What's even funnier is how the right wing (really Christian Coalition, who are currently running our government) tries to label everyone as either "liberal" or "conservative". In polls, only 30% of Americans associate themselves with one political party. Most will tell you they cross party lines and vote independently for the candidate they feel is best, yet America is more divided than ever. Fringe groups on both sides feel politics is and must be a black vs white issue with no shades of gray. I've got news for you... "that dog don't hunt".

It's not fair to label everyone as liberal because they come out against discrimination of a gay person. Or anyone else for that matter. It's also not fair to label someone as conservative just because they fell for Bush's Orwellian agenda. I can't much blame them considering the brainwashing they recieve every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday evening.

Now personally, I found the movie to be objectionable and chose not to see it. I see no "liberal agenda" to soften America here, just a Hollywood that has lost touch with what the average American wants to see. Hollywood has been turning out crap for years and giving it awards. As for Delta showing it inflight, I find that to be of poor taste, especially if it was a mass viewing on the big screens. Then again, I have found most of what Delta management has done over the last 5-7 years to be of poor taste, so there you go.

By the way, this was meant to be very tongue in cheek. Spare me the flames.

John Pennekamp said:
It's funny how something slightly against the right wing agenda brings the kooks out of the woodwork. All of a sudden you hear a bunch of flag waiving, proud American, let's kick all of these liberal pansies back to Europe, blah blah.

What's even funnier is how the right wing (really Christian Coalition, who are currently running our government) tries to label everyone as either "liberal" or "conservative". In polls, only 30% of Americans associate themselves with one political party. Most will tell you they cross party lines and vote independently for the candidate they feel is best, yet America is more divided than ever. Fringe groups on both sides feel politics is and must be a black vs white issue with no shades of gray. I've got news for you... "that dog don't hunt".

It's not fair to label everyone as liberal because they come out against discrimination of a gay person. Or anyone else for that matter. It's also not fair to label someone as conservative just because they fell for Bush's Orwellian agenda. I can't much blame them considering the brainwashing they recieve every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday evening.

Now personally, I found the movie to be objectionable and chose not to see it. I see no "liberal agenda" to soften America here, just a Hollywood that has lost touch with what the average American wants to see. Hollywood has been turning out crap for years and giving it awards. As for Delta showing it inflight, I find that to be of poor taste, especially if it was a mass viewing on the big screens. Then again, I have found most of what Delta management has done over the last 5-7 years to be of poor taste, so there you go.

By the way, this was meant to be very tongue in cheek. Spare me the flames.

Nice post.

G

Regionals forum...ironic

How gay is gay?

Is "gay" a "straight" 22 year old regional FO with spiked frosted hair, wearing a backpack as a substitute for a flight case, giggling at his blackberry like a school girl in the terminal for all the pax to see.

Or is "gay" a 22 year old homosexual cowboy that knows how to skillfully kill, clean, cook and eat an Elk?

I know which one I laugh at and which one I would be scared of.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

The thing about gay people is, you all have one in your family, wether you know it or not. Do you love them any less?

WWJD?

Latest resources

Back