Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL shows "Brokeback Mountain" inflight!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
acaTerry, you should expect others to live by a book that requires a large leap of faith and very well may be mostly fiction?

you are no better than an Islamic Fundamentalist

acaTerry said:
Qouts aand my replies From / To Surplus1:

I just can’t resist asking: How do you know what “God wants”? Does he speak to you at regular intervals?
There's this little thing called histroy, and the Bible. Recorded writings since God revealed Himself to man show what He wants...or are you one of the "enlightened" ones that deny the existence of a greater being?

I will agree with you that homosexual activity can sometimes be unhealthy. But, how do you know that it is against “natural law”?
The fact that nearly all creatures (except those that would otherwise never find eachother...such as worms) are made up of a two sex origin...male and female. There is simply no way to reproduce homesexually.

Do you believe that homosexuals just go out and randomly decide that they are going to be that way? Given the prejudice that has always existed, why would they do that? What I’m asking you is: do gays just make themselves gay or does nature make them gay?
I have several gay / lesbian freinds...all admittedly by choice except one who was gang raped by several men when he was 11.
Ever hear of F2A? They are a group of recovered homosexuals...nobody wants you to hear of them...

Again how do you know that homosexuality "violates God’s law”? Did God tell you that or did somebody else just dream it up and tell you? Who created homosexuals? Was it God or was it some other supernatural being? Perhaps "the devil"?
Again, this thing called the Bible...would you like me to provide the verses? They are pretty clear.

I’ve lived for a long time and no one, homosexual or other wise has ever tried to shove their sexual orientation in my face. When did that happen to you?
You must be BLIND

I don’t care whether you’re anti-gay, silent on the subject, or pro-gay, that’s up to you. I just don’t believe that you or any of the other crusaders is worried about “God’s law”; I think you’re worried about your own phobias.
I have no phobias. In fact I have a 2nd cousin who is gay.

Another thing I don’t quite understand is why homosexual activity between two men is a horrible thing but homosexuality between two women is a “good” thing and popular. If your problem is with homosexuality, are not those two things both homosexual acts?
Yes they are both wrong.

My beef is not with gays, but rather their behavior. Self control is the key to living a respectable life when someone is gay. God loves them as much as He loves anyone else...but their sinful life of homosexual activity is where the wrong lies.
Their entire existence seems to revolve around two things...their gayness and the opposition to any open practice or speech of religion.
If you wish to continue playing to be "open minded", I CHALLENGE you to read the book "The Criminization of Christianity". Then after putting the math together concerning what is going on with it all you'll see. The book is loaded with examples of how religious freedom is under attack while the anything-goes mentality continues to eat away at our countries moral fabric.

Oh boy....here we go down the slippery slope.

I guess you assume that your god is going to reward you for being judgemental, huh?

Where do you people come from?

Natural Law? Is it Natural for Man to Fly? Most if not all of us on this board Fly. Don't give me that "Natural Law" crap. If you disagree with their lifestyle that is one thing. But don't profess to say it is against the laws of nature. What exactly is the "Law"?

acaTerry said:
Qouts aand my replies From / To Surplus1:

There's this little thing called histroy, and the Bible. Recorded writings since God revealed Himself to man show what He wants...or are you one of the "enlightened" ones that deny the existence of a greater being?

With all due respect, I don’t want to get into a religiously motivated argument with you because this forum does not approve of religiously related debate.

If you come over to http://www.clear-and-a-million.com/, I’ll be more than happy to discuss the religious aspects of what you said above to any length you desire. I have to admit I don’t understand what all of that has to do with the showing of a movie that you don’t happen to approve of.

Meanwhile, “history” tells us nothing at all about “what God wants” for the simple reason that “history” writers have no idea. Do not confuse God with accounts of mythology. History pretends to tell us what people did in the past and its authors have no contact with the supernatural and never have.

I believe God exists but who He is, where He is or what He wants are all unknowns; accounts to the contrary are the product of vivid imaginations and conjecture, not history.

As for the Bible, that just tells us what a group of ancient Hebrews believed. If you want to base what you believe on that be my guest. The fact is that book and whoever wrote it, doesn’t know any more about “what God wants” than either you or I do.

Believe it or not, I do know that homosexuals are unable to reproduce. Does that mean that the purpose of all sex is exclusively reproduction? If it does mean that, there are a lot more people in serious trouble with “nature” than just the homosexuals. Should we ban all sex that is not intended to produce babies? Good luck with that effort.

Nature does produce two sexes but Homo sapiens are not the only animals observed to engage in same sex activity. I’ll grant you that isn’t the “norm” but there are lots of things under “natural law” that aren’t the “norm” of which we have little or no understanding. Homosexuality is one of them.

I have several gay / lesbian freinds...all admittedly by choice except one who was gang raped by several men when he was 11.
Ever hear of F2A? They are a group of recovered homosexuals...nobody wants you to hear of them...

That sounds just like the people who tell me they are not racially prejudiced because they have “several black friends”. Interesting but not at all convincing.

I plead guilty to never having heard of F2A. I don’t spend much time exploring things related to gays whether pro or con. I fail completely to understand how a person that was raped, as you say, could possibly decide to “choose” a lifestyle associated with such a traumatic event, and I think that is highly unlikely.

I just don’t believe that homosexuality is an infectious disease that you can contract (whether you were raped or not.) I also don’t believe that there is any such thing as a “recovered homosexual”. That sounds like preacher propaganda to me; a serious case of mythology. Either you is or you ain’t but no one “recovers” from their sexual orientation whatever it may be.

Society can teach people not to do certain things by a variety of means but, as of now, there is not one shred of evidence that it can alter sexual orientation, regardless of imposed sanctions or taboos.

Again, this thing called the Bible...would you like me to provide the verses? They are pretty clear.

Thank you, no; I’ve already read them all. I’m up to my ears in a plethora of meaningless “verses” based on superstition and mythology. I have to tell you that the book of Leviticus does not impress me as anything related to “God”. Neither do the beliefs of Paul as expressed in “Romans.” Since you bring it up, I also can’t help but notice that in all the writings about Jesus, nowhere did he reportedly express a single word about homosexuals. He said a whole lot about adulterers and divorce but nothing that I can find about gays. Do you suppose he forgot that gays were the most evil people on the planet?

You must be BLIND

Actually my vision is 20/30 corrected to 20/20. I don’t frequent gay venues and I’ve only met one openly gay person in my life so I'm not an expert. I know that gay activists demonstrate for equal treatment but I don’t have to attend their demonstrations and I don’t. They are not forcing me to participate and I don’t think that is throwing anything in my face. It is true that gays are deprived of equal rights and in my opinion they have a right to say so publicly if they want to. Objecting to discrimination does not strike me as being a bad thing.

I even know that some people believe that homosexuals cause hurricanes, tsunamis and terrorist attacks, but I think those people are a lot more “weirdo” than the gays they hate.

I have no phobias. In fact I have a 2nd cousin who is gay.

Thank God he’s not a 1st cousin, eh; or heaven forbid a brother! Sorry but the phobia shines through the facade. Most of us fear the things that we do not understand.

My beef is not with gays, but rather their behavior.

Based on what you’ve said above and what you say later, you sure have me fooled about who your “beef” is with.

If a gay person solicits you against your will, then you have a legitimate complaint and every right to voice it and prevent it. Chances are if you tell them it offends you, they won’t do it again, unless of course you hang out in places where they frequent. If they are not bothering you personally, what business of yours is their private behavior? You don’t have to agree with them or approve of the behavior but you do need to respect individual privacy. In my view an anti-gay crusade does not do that.

I assure you I don’t want anybody prying into my heterosexual sex life any more than I would want it if it was the other way around. What folks do privately in their sex life is nobody’s business but theirs. I think that should apply equally to gays and non-gays.

You are free to think whatever you want about it; that’s not a problem. As soon as you start crusading about somebody’s private sex life you’re not minding your own business and you’re treading where you don’t belong.

I don’t understand why some people feel they have an obligation or a right to be concerned about the private behavior of other people which does not affect them personally. Neither the government nor the “church” has any business in the bedrooms of consenting adults.

I haven’t seen this film. But, unless it’s X rated or contains nudity unsuitable for children, I don’t see what all the fuss is about showing it on an airplane for the entertainment of adults. No one is obliged to watch it if they don’t want to. I don’t like war, or murder, or violence of any kind but we make and show thousands of movies on those subjects. I’m free to not watch what I don’t like and while I find those things distasteful, they are a part of life. So is homosexuality.

Nobody is throwing war in my face because there are 24/7 programs on TV extolling its glory. I am free to switch to a different channel while the Rambo loving glorifies the mayhem of war. You can do the same with a movie about gays.

Self control is the key to living a respectable life when someone is gay.

What you really mean is that someone has to be like you in order to live a "respectable life", right? Self control is a good thing but I fail to see how that applies differently to homosexuals or heterosexuals. I also don’t see what it has to do with the showing of a movie.

God loves them as much as He loves anyone else...but their sinful life of homosexual activity is where the wrong lies.

“Sinful life”? Who decides what a “sinful life” is and what is not? Is that the same folks that decided it was “sinful” to work on the Sabbath and you should be stoned to death for doing it? Not much credibility there, is there?

Their entire existence seems to revolve around two things...their gayness and the opposition to any open practice or speech of religion.

So now you’re claiming that gays are anti-religion? You sure have a lot of hang ups.

If you wish to continue playing to be "open minded", I CHALLENGE you to read the book "The Criminization of Christianity". Then after putting the math together concerning what is going on with it all you'll see. The book is loaded with examples of how religious freedom is under attack while the anything-goes mentality continues to eat away at our countries moral fabric.

I don’t wish to do anything other than point up that the uproar about this movie is much ado about nothing. Overblown nonsense from a group of people who have nothing better to do than pick on people that are different from them.

I haven’t read that book but I’ll see if my library has a copy. But, I’m beginning to recognize the source of your paranoia – systematized delusion of persecution promoted by your religion. That’s a psychiatric disorder.

In this country nobody’s religious freedom is under attack by anyone. That idea is pure propaganda manufactured by a bunch of extremist fanatics.

You and everyone else, may practice whatever belief suits your fancy and preach as much as you want to anyone that chooses to listen. What you need to realize is that others have just as much right to freedom from your religion as you have to freedom of your religion. Believe whatever you want to believe; those that wish to share your beliefs are free to do so. Those that do not share your beliefs are equally entitled to pursue their own beliefs. Live and let live.

The idea that someone is trying to “criminalize” Christianity is frankly utter nonsense.

I can see no point in continuing debate with the likes of you guys here. It seems that you fall into the God-hating, no moral, if it feels good do it mentality.
So long!

acaTerry said:
I can see no point in continuing debate with the likes of you guys here. It seems that you fall into the God-hating, no moral, if it feels good do it mentality.
So long!

cop-outs such as this are why nobody will take the likes of you seriously

Latest resources

Back