DAL resume hiring in Oct

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General:

757 fleet manager said there are still a few 757's coming into the fleet. I think we are a net plus of 6 757's this year.

General:

757 fleet manager said there are still a few 757's coming into the fleet. I think we are a net plus of 6 757's this year.

What about the 20 MD90s that are rumored to be out there? Maybe a West Coast expansion? (During an econmic contraction?---or maybe a MSP MD90 DL crew base??) You never know.......fingers crossed!

Bye Bye--General Lee

6 777's @ 38 pilots per plane + 10 737's @ 18 pilots per plane = a need for 408 new pilots.

Reserve staffing for June on NYC 7ER: 43 required, negative 10 available on 9 days with not a single day better then 12 available.

Every single June day in LAX is negative, the MD88 has negative days and I haven't seen a single category that's close to being even staffed (even Capt's are getting multi greenslips right now)

So we either need to a.) hire more pilots or b.) even a large cut in capacity will be absorbed.

Either way, I don't see displacements or furloughs here unless we start parking widebody's (not the FA's, the planes)

We are parking 15-20 total mainline planes (as reported before) and that is because their leases are coming up due or they have heavy MX. Other than that, we don't have many planes to park to keep our basic schedule. We will be parking RJs though, and we will still get 6 737-700s this year (more next year), and 6 777LRs from Dec31st to March 31st (09), including 3 on March 31st alone.

I don't know what they plan to do on the NWA side.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

First I don't work for DL or NWA, so don't have a dog in this fight. However, just want to 'enlighten' you.

From DL own info; they list about half of their MD-88 fleet as 'owned' (not leased), about 63 a/c, and also shows only about 18 of those a/c with financing/ETCs (enhanced trust certificates/bonds) attached to them. And, in their 767-300 fleet, about 54 a/c as 'owned' with only about 10 with ETCs attached. Thus, DL has plenty of room to park more than a few a/c, with NO financial penalty; and may in fact do so to reduce capacity. And, I did even look at the 757 fleet.

Very simple 'fact' if DL announced a large# of a/c being parked, major 'cutbacks' and 'lay-offs' What do You think would happen to 'support' for the merger?? From local/state gov't, unions, etc. Simple politics.

If you think that the new DL will just continue to 'expand, expand' and add more a/c, with oil at $125-130/bbl. economy slowing even more (I personal believe we are going into a prolonged recession later this year), and European economies slowing (recently reported, First/Business class flyers in the first 4 mths of this year, down 4-5%); if you still believe the expansion will just go on and on, then maybe I can sell you the Brooklyn Bridge. It just turned 125yrs. old, took 14 yrs. to build in 1883, but still 'like new'

Just FYI, for what its worth.

PD

Last edited:
I'll probably have one of my buds walk my resume/app into the CP's office. If the CP likes you, do you still have to go through the rest of the interview?

Latest resources

Back