• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL resume hiring in Oct

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't understand why we would hire. With the economy going down the tubes and the price of oil heading towards the stratosphere, I just can't understand how we can justify any net growth. Not to mention the imminent merger.

As of three weeks ago, the plan remained with no changes. Hiring needed in the fall to staff 737's and 777's.

As of that moment, Delta's plan was to hire until an SLI.

Advanced entitlement with backfill coming in August.

As of three weeks ago, the plan remained with no changes. Hiring needed in the fall to staff 737's and 777's.

As of that moment, Delta's plan was to hire until an SLI.

Advanced entitlement with backfill coming in August.

I know what is being said is an AE with backfill..but everyone I fly with is expecting displacements....we have to do something to cut costs.
I think we can start by asking the rampers to put air on the jet in the first 10 minutes you are at the gate..:-/

The email I just got stated "interviewing as early as November." No numbers were stated.

Crew Resources told me the same, fall interviews and they are short on several aircraft...not sure what the interviewers will tell the applicants? "This may be just a part time gig, would you like a free 737 type for your SWA application?"

We are parking 15-20 total mainline planes (as reported before) and that is because their leases are coming up due or they have heavy MX. Other than that, we don't have many planes to park to keep our basic schedule. We will be parking RJs though, and we will still get 6 737-700s this year (more next year), and 6 777LRs from Dec31st to March 31st (09), including 3 on March 31st alone.

I don't know what they plan to do on the NWA side.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back