DAL Pilots, whats up with the Flair?

nwaredtail

Total Time
9000+
Not Flare, Flair. As in all the stuff you guys wear on your uniform. It's bad enough the NWA guys wasted 400 bucks on leather jackets that we now can't wear, but now we will look like we work at Bennigans.

Wings on shirts, name tags on shirts, wings on jacket, name tag on jacket, id, naval squadron insignia.

Can't wait to see our portly 747-400 guys wearing the double breasted jacket.

BTW, is there a special shirt required or can the wings fit on any type. I have some really good quality shirts and am hoping to at least keep them.

NuGuy

Ex-Commuter
Total Time
Heyas NWRedTail,

Word has it a fund is being starting for the "uniform police" fines. They're going to try to negotiate a group discount.

Nu

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
I like the delta uniform...Yep, I'll admit it.

I think the look of the metal wings and name tags look pretty good.

I DON'T like the way my carrier does it....embroidered wings. But, I do like our (JB) leather jackets though.

nwaredtail

Total Time
9000+
what about the shirts? Do the shirt wings have two prongs or are they the safety pin type?

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
well, when I was at ASA...we had practically the same "flare"...same supplier/manufacturer. Wings and name badges were two pronged. BUT, I did see the ocassional safety pin style. I was a two pronger myself.

jetflier

Total Time
lot's
Not Flare, Flair. As in all the stuff you guys wear on your uniform. It's bad enough the NWA guys wasted 400 bucks on leather jackets that we now can't wear, but now we will look like we work at Bennigans.

Wings on shirts, name tags on shirts, wings on jacket, name tag on jacket, id, naval squadron insignia.

Can't wait to see our portly 747-400 guys wearing the double breasted jacket.

BTW, is there a special shirt required or can the wings fit on any type. I have some really good quality shirts and am hoping to at least keep them.

Red,
Gettin' the double breasted jackets on the -400 guys is tough,...but have you even considered how hard it will be to get the -400 guys to fit a DAL hat on their "big" heads ?

...I mean being that their pensions are over 12k per month, ...plus a lump sum.....and their plane is bigger than a 777...

IXLR8

Total Time
$12,000 a month in FROZEN pension???.....

Noserider76

Teahupoo
Total Time
150+
what about the shirts? Do the shirt wings have two prongs or are they the safety pin type?
get the shirts anywhere you like. I recommend the saftey pin type shirt wings so they don't fall off. you can get flat front black pants almost anywhere to wear with the summer uniform. by the way, this is a pretty laid back company. I'm not sure what you think but there's no uniform police running around, except maybe a couple in Atlanta. That said, I've always had questions about guys who want to make an individual statement by being different at their place of work, especially with our job. It's easy here to put the uniform on that they want you to wear, show up, do a good job, then go home spike your hair up, put the ring through your nose, and don your leather chaps if you like.:eek:

Last edited:

PuffDriver

Total Time
bunche
get the shirts anywhere you like. shirt wings are saftey pin type. by the way, this is a pretty laid back company. I'm not sure what you think but there's no uniform police running around, except maybe a couple in Atlanta. That said, I've always had questions about guys who want to make an individual statement by being different at their place of work, especially with our job. It's easy here to put the uniform on that they want you to wear, show up, do a good job, then go home spike your hair up, put the ring through your nose, and don your leather chaps if you like.:eek:

I use two prong on everything. I don't like the safety pin thing. BTW new wings are coming. It is going to be the red widget like you see on the new paint job.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
I like the delta uniform...Yep, I'll admit it.

I think the look of the metal wings and name tags look pretty good.

I DON'T like the way my carrier does it....embroidered wings. But, I do like our (JB) leather jackets though.
Why does any airline do this. It's looks cheap. Embroidered logos should be reserved for BestBuy and fast food employees, not airline pilots.

Tarquinn

Total Time
Enough
Why does any airline do this. It's looks cheap. Embroidered logos should be reserved for BestBuy and fast food employees, not airline pilots.
That may be the point... Click us down a another notch in the eyes of the public.

Capt. Caucasian

WAR EAGLE!
Total Time
lots
I just got my one-year service pin :eek: and it looks nothing like the ones everyone else has. It is totally silver with no color on the widget. Also, the wings have a slightly different shape in that proportionally the widget is larger than the wings. Kinda weird lookin.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Originally Posted by Noserider76
get the shirts anywhere you like. shirt wings are saftey pin type. by the way, this is a pretty laid back company. I'm not sure what you think but there's no uniform police running around, except maybe a couple in Atlanta. That said, I've always had questions about guys who want to make an individual statement by being different at their place of work, especially with our job. It's easy here to put the uniform on that they want you to wear, show up, do a good job, then go home spike your hair up, put the ring through your nose, and don your leather chaps if you like.:eek:

I use two prong on everything. I don't like the safety pin thing. BTW new wings are coming. It is going to be the red widget like you see on the new paint job.

Two prongs through your nose?!! OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark!:laugh: I'm sure you look good in the chaps though! You really shouldn't have quoted him above your post. Evil minds are easily tempted!:beer: