• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA retirement numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone want to place a bet on who's around in 5 and 10 years from now?

AA
DAL
CAL
SW

This conversation is soooo tired.

For the millionth time, many NWA pilots are expected to still retire at 60. The numbers you posted are based on 65 (with the few retirements in the next few years coming from the over 60 guys that have been flying on the panel.)

Both sides have plenty to offer. The arrogance (from both sides) is unfounded. If we get together, I don't want to spend the rest of my career listening to who offered more, pre-merger.

Leave the dead horse alone.

Aw, come on. What fun with that be? You guys haven't even started your big smear campaigns yet. At the "new improved" USAirways, we're looking forward to a long career of hatred of our fellow pilots. I can't wait!;)

I think I would prefer for the airlines to remain separate and just beat them the old fashioned way - with better service and southern hospitality - why buy what you can take?
Well, thanks for clarifying why you're a pilot and not a businessman. Have you read the financial comparisons? Nevermind....you wouldn't understand...

NWA obviously, 3762/5200=71% vs DAL 4469/7200=62%. The percentage is even more tilted toward NWA if you look at the 10 year mark, especially considering most NWA guys are going to bail at 60 vs 65 at DAL.
Exactly. % is the most accurate way to express it. Don't expect most DAL FI posters to even remotely grasp this concept.

Last edited:
Exactly. % is the most accurate way to express it. Don't expect most DAL FI posters to even remotely grasp this concept.
Yes, we grasp it, but maybe fail to appreciate what it means to you.

If 9% at DAL holds a 767ER line out of New York and it takes 40% at NWA to hold a widebody line then the % is not as important as the fleet and flying opportunities.

Because of the fleet mix, most NWA pilots would have seen a real upgrade in career potential.

The pay raises and equipment would have resulted in many pilots wanting to stick around to 65. Without the deal, maybe they will move on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back