DAL & NWA Recall Guesses?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes I predict the shortage will cause pay on the lower end to increase

Launchpad...whats your guess about the recall? How many do you think they will have to offer to in order to fill up the classes? I`m guessing a lot. BTW, we are expecting to have the pilot pensions turned over to the PBGC before the end of this month.

Not sure, they burned through that list pretty fast last time. I bet about 1 in 4 bypass. Just a guess, I'm no flightinfo expert.

D-

Heyas,

Actually, its worse than any of you imagined.

Not only have furloughed pilots refused recall, a fair number have already resigned.

More surprising is the number pilots of ALL seniority brackets. They all are leaving in droves. Over 70 resignations (not retirements, and NOT including furloughed guy resignations) this year alone from active line pilots.

Not just junior pukes that have lined up something better, or senior dudes with a military retirement, but ordinary joes...757 FOs, 320 captains, etc, just walking away.

That tells you all you need to know... I'd be surprised if any more than %10 of the furloughees came back.

I had a buddy who had gotten into a pretty fair gig of kitchen renovations. Now he has a couple of trucks and a couple of teams of guys doing quickie fix-ups. He told me he quit, and it was the best day of his life, and never looks back. He has a sweet-as-balls T-6 AND a DG glider he flys on the weekends.

Nu

NuGuy said:
Heyas,

Actually, its worse than any of you imagined.

Not only have furloughed pilots refused recall, a fair number have already resigned.

More surprising is the number pilots of ALL seniority brackets. They all are leaving in droves. Over 70 resignations (not retirements, and NOT including furloughed guy resignations) this year alone from active line pilots.

Not just junior pukes that have lined up something better, or senior dudes with a military retirement, but ordinary joes...757 FOs, 320 captains, etc, just walking away.

That tells you all you need to know... I'd be surprised if any more than %10 of the furloughees came back.

I had a buddy who had gotten into a pretty fair gig of kitchen renovations. Now he has a couple of trucks and a couple of teams of guys doing quickie fix-ups. He told me he quit, and it was the best day of his life, and never looks back. He has a sweet-as-balls T-6 AND a DG glider he flys on the weekends.

Nu

There are 131 on the short notice recall list. Since January only 7 pilots have resigned.

NYR

I wonder if Kit Darby will write an article on an upcoming pilot shortage due to ....... senior pilots at major airlines getting fed up with the profession and punching out of it entirely.

I'm sure that will go over well at his conventions.

Latest resources

Back