DAL & NWA Recall Guesses?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YourPilotFriend said:
NWA pilots think everyone will be back by the end of this year. Management thinks all pilots will be back by the end of next year. Either way NWA will be hiring in late 2007 or early 2008. Given another diasaster doesn't happen to this industry.

I've seen deli counters with less bologna.

Keep dreaming...right before NWA starts to recall, a merger will hapen.

If you are a NATCO type waiting for your "number", you'd be better off going to a regional.

Nu

NuGuy said:
I've seen deli counters with less bologna.

Keep dreaming...right before NWA starts to recall, a merger will hapen.

If you are a NATCO type waiting for your "number", you'd be better off going to a regional.

Nu

The way my last four years have been I think you just might have something here. The PNR and then a merger then more layoffs! Ouch!! Hope not. I think recalls will start in early 07'

Baja.

pilotyip said:
All part of the coming hiring boom and pilot shortage

Then why is pilot pay not increasing? You never seem to answer that one, Yip.

It's all economics.

You will see increases on the lower end if they can not get or retain enought qualified pilots. However with the coming semi PFT program coming for the regionals, where in conjunction with your college courses you pay for classes on how to become a RJ F/O so you can flow into a job at Mesa, Pinnacle, etc pay may not go up at those places.

pilotyip said:
You will see increases on the lower end if they can not get or retain enought qualified pilots.

That would be evidence of a pilot shortage. I doubt we will ever see it.

pilotyip said:
However with the coming semi PFT program coming for the regionals, where in conjunction with your college courses you pay for classes on how to become a RJ F/O so you can flow into a job at Mesa, Pinnacle, etc pay may not go up at those places.

That is evidence of a surplus of pilots. Not a shortage.

FlyingSig said:
Delta resumes the recalls on June 28. 64 notices sent out today.

How many still on furlough? How many bypassed?

Different view

Goggles I look at those moves to mean there is growing experience shortage and airlines are taking remedies to increase the pilot work force due to the impending and growing shortage. I recruit, I am in the market place on a regular basis, it is harder to find qualified pilot now that is was last year and certainly two years ago. Much more work to keep the same number of pilots in a pool that evaporates at a faster rate.

Last edited:
kevdog said:
How many still on furlough? How many bypassed?

From July 2004 through October 2005 Delta has offered recall to 583 pilots.
  • 369 have returned to active status
  • 49 have accepted recall and taken a 3 or 5-year PLOA
  • 92 have accepted recall and are on MLOA
  • 63 have bypassed recall
  • 10 have accepted recall and are in Medical Hold status
  • 475 have yet to be offered recall

pilotyip said:
Goggles I look at those moves to mean there is growing experience shortage and airlines are taking remedies to increase the pilot work force due to the impending and growing shortage. I recruit, I am in the market place on a regular basis, it is harder to find qualified pilot now that is was last year and certainly two years ago. Much more work to keep the same number of pilots in a pool that evaporates at a faster rate.

So is pay going up?

Latest resources

Back