DAL/NWA and RMS Titanic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

Merger of DAL and NWA on the anniversary of RMS Titanic sinking.

Hit the berg on the April14th and sank on the 15th.

Merger announced on the 14th press conference on the 15th

Could've picked a better day.

What! It couldn't be more appropriate. That Iceberg is various unhappy pilot groups holding things up(does the AW/Usair fiasco strike a note) Not to mention Captain Nemo(REP. J. Oberstar) lurking around looking for the slightest reason to torpedo things.

There is a long way to go on this on and if,i say again, if this happens it won't be without turmoil from every direction!

Let the blood letting begin! it's gonna be fun to watch from here!:D

Well pleasure takes many forms. I would never wish missery on anyone for any reason except maybe idiots wanting to blow us up.

That being said somehow I don't feel sorry for either party in general. Just the ones ALPA will sacrifice for the good of the cause.

But I digress, You may couch this as you will but yes this is gonna be fun to watch. So save me the pity party. They will both eventually come out of this just fine!

Last edited:
I have not flown on NAW in over 10 years, so I cannot comment on their service. I fly Delta 4 or 5 times a year, my wife flys them a few times a month. All I can say is that based on past mergers and current levels of service at DAL this will result in the worst airline in the world.

You take an airline with bad customer service and an anti-union culture among key employees (except pilots), merge it with an airline that has a highly unionized work force and low moral. What a great idea! I feel sorry for all of the employees, but I feel much worse for the flying public.

Well, at least management will make out like bandits.

Well, at least management will make out like bandits.
That is what's most important these days, to make sure the CEO's get their fair share...Corporate America at its best....not gonna be fun for the rest of us though.....

Well pleasure takes many forms. I would never wish missery on anyone for any reason except maybe idiots wanting to blow us up.
Then why did you write this, and follow it with a smiley face??
Let the blood letting begin! it's gonna be fun to watch from here!:D

I'm so glad that you can find solace in other's misfortunes, especially the junior ones.
Hey, maybe you can run down to the unemployment line and laugh at them if furloughs do result!:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back