• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL lost 1.4 billion, Spin it general lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ScopeoutRJs I didn't buy my type to get on at SWA but you bought my type and many thanks it is the best gig in town....

In which town? LBB? The pay is great for now, but no thanks to mostly 5 leg days on one type of plane forever. Oh that's right, you have been all around the world in your green jumpsuit and your Maverick sunglasses.... No thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

In which town? LBB? The pay is great for now, but no thanks to mostly 5 leg days on one type of plane forever. Oh that's right, you have been all around the world in your green jumpsuit and your Maverick sunglasses.... No thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hilarious!

Here we are again in a d!ck-measuring contest based on corporate financial reports which we all know is a big shell game. Hide the cash or hide the loss--which do you WANT me to do?

If Delta shows a profit in the next two years following a large merger, I'd be surprised. (Yeah, General, we all know Delta management has had it ALL figured out...)

Delta has all its eggs in the international basket these days. No warm-fuzzies there. Parking 757's? Highly efficient aircraft. Hummm... Delta's really flexible? So's my girlfriend but she still gets f#@ked.

I'm like ACL65, I see lots of empty seats. Heading to CDG tomorrow and ALL the flights have about 50-75 people in the back of a 763.

If ANYONE in this business feels comfortable these days, you'd better hope you don't get drug tested.

Good luck. TC

Wow, a $91 million loss, and the rest a non cash charge. Not bad in one of the worst quarters in history for even Southwest. Oil was still coming down from it's historic rise, we were hedged poorly (we thought they were good hedges compared to the July, 08 high of $140 a barrel), and the economy was starting to unravel. I would say that isn't too bad, but not great.

9Rj9,

How is UPS doing? Profitable for sure, but things in your arena aint great. You parked the last of your 742s (we are about to do the same), and a lot of your DC8s and some 757s are going to be parked on "standby", losing many runs. Not as many over age 60 guys flying for you will leave anytime soon thanks to the poor economy, and your friends at Fedex have threatened possible furloughs. (that can mirror what might happen to you) Enjoy it too. As a major US airline, I think we are positioned better than most to weather this storm. There is the spin for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ba-Ba-Ba-Billion!!!!!!!!

You think allowing Obama to dump money is the fix? Tax cuts. That's what got us out of the last recession, the one before that, and the one before that.

More government spending will just dig a deeper hole.

Really? Hers's the historical peak income tax rates before and during the recovery from the depression. You might have heard of it?

Yr %Rate on Income above
1928 25 100,000
1929 24 100,000
1930 25 100,000
1931 25 100,000
1932 63 1,000,000
1933 63 1,000,000
1934 63 1,000,000
1935 63 1,000,000
1936 79 5,000,000
1937 79 5,000,000
1938 79 5,000,000
1939 79 5,000,000
1940 81.1 5,000,000
1941 81 5,000,000
1942 88 200,000
1943 88 200,000
1944 94 <2> 200,000
1945 94 <2> 200,000

Last edited:
Oh that's right, you have been all around the world in your green jumpsuit and your Maverick sunglasses.... No thanks.

Yes I have. Experience of a lifetime and honor serving this country. Maverick was wearing my sunglasses. He was an insult to the profession and is still a lousy actor.

Ba-Ba-Ba-Billion!!!!!!!!

Included with the paper loss? Did you know that Delta gave equity shares to their employees that equaled almost $900 million? That was for merging with Northwest. Not bad, and it was a write down. I wish I was a part of it. How did you do?

Last edited:
Pilots have not gotten their shares yet.
The junior guys got about 3,000 shares and the senior guys got a little over 4,000. That is just a guess.

I will explain this further. The union was given the shares for the pilots .Due to tax law we opted to have these shares deposited in the for of cash from the stock sale in to our retirement accounts.
Now due to the fact that the union needs to be a non-informed third party in the stock sale, we as a group have contracted with a third party to see these shares.
This company has opted not to sell these shares yet. We should get an update soon. It is a lot of shares so it is hard to find a buyer in these difficult times.

Latest resources

Back