• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL lost 1.4 billion, Spin it general lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um, which point exactly are the "other Delta pilots" backing him up on?

- That you can shrink an airline to profitability?

- Or, that Lagos is a wonderful place?

I'm not seeing those points being brought home by anyone.

Perhaps I am confused and need my Alzheimers shot?

YKMKR

Maybe you already had your Alzheimers shot..

That may be the option that you will be given. Wait for the update that should be coming for our MEC shortly.

- Or, that Lagos is a wonderful place?

I'm not seeing those points being brought home by anyone.

Perhaps I am confused and need my Alzheimers shot?

YKMKR

Perhaps you are. Here is the scoop, but I doubt you will devote enough thought to it.

No one is claiming that Lagos the city is a great place or anything other than the third-world dump that it is.

That said, the three-day LOS trip is a great deal.

Why? Well let me count the ways...

1. For starters, it is a three-day worth 24.30. Very few trips elsewhere in the airline are that efficient, and they are all on the 777.

2. Because the block time exceeds 12 hours on the return leg, you take four pilots and one of the seven aircraft we have configured with the crew rest facility--you are sleeping half the time in a very nice bunk setup.

3. The ride to the hotel is 15 minutes max, with a very strong security arrangement. Contrast that with the 90 minute ride to some other European cities and that alone is worth noting.

4. The hotel is pretty nice, and the Nigerians who work there are some of the most gracious people you will ever meet. You sleep for a couple of hours, then work out for a couple of hours in the very nice gym. Then you have a couple of beers by the pool, then you shower and meet the crew at 7pm for one of the nicest buffets you will ever see. Go to bed that night and fly 13+ hours the next day.

5. Again, because you are sleeping half of it in a bed, it is the quickest 13 hour flight imaginable.

The trip might not be for everyone, but it is a very good deal for all the reasons listed.

No wait, tell all the guys senior to me that it sucks. Really it does!....

And why are they still charging for checking bags and select seating? Pretty disgusting how the airlines continue to nickel and dime consumers when the economy is in the state it's in. The high price of oil was initially the reasoning behind baggage, seat, and beverage/snack fees by the airlines. What's the excuse now?

Airlines are losing billions of dollars and you complain that they are "nickel and diming" their customers?

Please, please start a business, so that I can buy whatever you decide to sell and not be "nickeled and dimed."

Perhaps you are. Here is the scoop, but I doubt you will devote enough thought to it.

No one is claiming that Lagos the city is a great place or anything other than the third-world dump that it is.

That said, the three-day LOS trip is a great deal.

Why? Well let me count the ways...

1. For starters, it is a three-day worth 24.30. Very few trips elsewhere in the airline are that efficient, and they are all on the 777.

2. Because the block time exceeds 12 hours on the return leg, you take four pilots and one of the seven aircraft we have configured with the crew rest facility--you are sleeping half the time in a very nice bunk setup.

3. The ride to the hotel is 15 minutes max, with a very strong security arrangement. Contrast that with the 90 minute ride to some other European cities and that alone is worth noting.

4. The hotel is pretty nice, and the Nigerians who work there are some of the most gracious people you will ever meet. You sleep for a couple of hours, then work out for a couple of hours in the very nice gym. Then you have a couple of beers by the pool, then you shower and meet the crew at 7pm for one of the nicest buffets you will ever see. Go to bed that night and fly 13+ hours the next day.

5. Again, because you are sleeping half of it in a bed, it is the quickest 13 hour flight imaginable.

The trip might not be for everyone, but it is a very good deal for all the reasons listed.

No wait, tell all the guys senior to me that it sucks. Really it does!....
SHHH! That is why I try to pick up the relief Captain position to CAI even though to say Cairo is filthy is to pay it a compliment. Lets, see-I leave my flight kit in JFK sleep half the time in a bunk or watch a movie in business class (if it's not full). I loved it when I showed up and the A captain (who was on reserve and junior to me) looked at me and said "I'm the captain of record". I looked at him and said "good I get paid the same".

Latest resources

Back