• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL lost 1.4 billion, Spin it general lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW! How did SWA do General? wait whats that is that an operating profit at SWA I hear. You are correct my friend LBB just sucks as an overnight.

Well my friend, we still have almost the same amount of liquidity on hand (something important these days since you can't borrow a lot from the bank at this time), and you guys took it in the shorts in that department. It was a bad quarter for all of us, and I think Q1 will probably be just as bad since we still have some exposure to some bad hedges. It gets better though each quarter, and RA stated we SHOULD have a solid profit for 09.

LBB does suk, and I am happy not to go there. I did just go to Lagos, Nigeria for the first time a couple weeks ago, and believe it or not it wasn't that bad. Lots of security, and a 24 flying hour block 3 day trip to a nice hotel with 5 restaurants and a nice pool. If you know expats there, it is not uncommon to go to their Lagos house (or compound) and feed raw steaks to their pet alligators in their backyard. I may have known someone who did that.....;) Yeah, LBB must be really fun....

BTW, I was told by a SWA pilot in ATL (commuting to VPS) that you guys were supposed to furlough up to 400 pilots, but as of now you have only limited your average line values (?), and there is absolutely no open time in the pot. Let's hope it works......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I will always think about you on payday sh!tbrick. How many paycuts have you taken, how does it feel to be generals biat$h.

Don't worry about my paycheck junior I still have enough to send your mom every 2 weeks:laugh: . Worry about that furlough coming and how at least you were abe to BUY your job at volaris, comprende?

This is a really intelligent conversation. A bunch of pilots who have no control over the financial operations of their company, but who get into a shouting match over whose company execs are better at filing losses. Man, what has this board come to? I think the only safe thing to say is that it's bad all around.

ScopeoutRJs I didn't buy my type to get on at SWA but you bought my type and many thanks it is the best gig in town....

This is a really intelligent conversation. A bunch of pilots who have no control over the financial operations of their company, but who get into a shouting match over whose company execs are better at filing losses. Man, what has this board come to? I think the only safe thing to say is that it's bad all around.

I agree completely.

Moderator, please turn up the intelligence and maturity level on this thread. Just turn'em right up.

Actually, they are at Comair.
Good one ! but seriously I have friends and family in both houses, and I think both companies will prosper,despite the challenges ahead. Godspeed !

Last edited:
Hey at least $900 million went straight to employees instead of execs....

Was this a "signing bonus" for the pilots to go along with the merger? That's an average of 75K per pilot. Nice job!

CAL would use the merger as a stick and ask everyone to take pay cuts or else lose your job to make it happen...and they would!

Was this a "signing bonus" for the pilots to go along with the merger? That's an average of 75K per pilot. Nice job!

CAL would use the merger as a stick and ask everyone to take pay cuts or else lose your job to make it happen...and they would!

The equity payout wasn't only for the pilots. All employees received a portion of the equity.

Latest resources

Back