• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YEP!, Look back to 2001, 2002 posts from here. Most cmr pilots thought the day Delta recalled would never come.....check the comments......it's hard to forget for many. No one proposed a resolution or voted out leadership..........................Not interested!

There was one former Marine that wrote a letter to JCL and it was posted here. It fell on deaf ears. I would gladly walk his stuff in.

Funny... My take on the Delta relationship is a little different. Since I came onto the property a little over two and a half years ago I have always been nice to the Delta guys. Saying hi in the terminals and nodding with a smile...etc. I can honestly count on one hand the number of times Delta guys even acknowledged that I was there. It actually happened again this morning in the CVG parking lot. I asked the guy how he was doing and he just gave me a dirty look. Well f*ck him! After two and a half years I don't know why I even bother.

Well, maybe he's not forgotten what the Comair guys did to our furloughees before you got there?

P.S. There is no relationship between the Delta guys and Comair pilots, that's my take on the "Delta relationship."

Trigger

I am not sure but I think it was at least 20 or so.

Did hiring furloughed DAL pilots at ASA bring any adverse "substantive" issues?

The reason I ask is because the CMR MEC made a big issue of the damage to CMR that would happen if they hired furloughed DAL pilots and did not require them to resign their seniority number from DAL. The CMR MEC is on record as supporting a policy that would require a furloughed DAL pilot to resign his DAL seniority number if they worked at CMR. The CMR MEC was adament that they fully supported the requirement to force these pilots to resign their seniority number.

You're right, they are only a little better than your "current position" pay rate....I stress.....a little better. Although all furloughed pilots are coming back at 6 or 7 year pay.

Now that is funny. I make what a 12 year 75/76 captain make at Delta based on a 65 hour guarantee. I am a year 6 frac pilot. Things could change but...will they ?

Now that is funny. I make what a 12 year 75/76 captain make at Delta based on a 65 hour guarantee. I am a year 6 frac pilot. Things could change but...will they ?

Yes, but you have to clean your own toilets and bow down to jack holes. I fly corporate now, and it suks. Never ending sits at airports, boring FBOs, flying little planes, and airlining from the plane to home and back is not fun. It really isn't as great as you make it out to be. The pay is good, but everything else is not.

Yes, but you have to clean your own toilets and bow down to jack holes. I fly corporate now, and it suks. Never ending sits at airports, boring FBOs, flying little planes, and airlining from the plane to home and back is not fun. It really isn't as great as you make it out to be. The pay is good, but everything else is not.

Heavy:
I agree....QOL is not that great in the corporate world. I don't miss those 12 hour sits in the local FBO! And that was 12 years ago!

I just saw on our Dalpa website that there are several that are going to propose a resolution at the next MEC meeting. The resolution is to propose no hiring 0f Comair pilots. I would love to see this one pass! No one wants a Comair pilot at Delta! ASA is welcome in my opinion!

I just saw on our Dalpa website that there are several that are going to propose a resolution at the next MEC meeting. The resolution is to propose no hiring 0f Comair pilots. I would love to see this one pass! No one wants a Comair pilot at Delta! ASA is welcome in my opinion!

I would love to see this pass also. When I get my hands on any documentation about this it will make me a very rich man. Then I can laugh at the thought of ever wanting to work at Delta.

I would love to see this pass also. When I get my hands on any documentation about this it will make me a very rich man. Then I can laugh at the thought of ever wanting to work at Delta.

FYI: You can sue for employment discrimination if it was based on race, creed or national origin. But if it's based on what color shirt you wear, or what sports team you cheer for, or ... what airline you currently work for, I'm not sure you'll have a case.

Just my 2c.

those that have interviewed recently - if you made it to day 2, did Delta put you up in a hotel after day 1, or did you book your own?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back