• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did miss this as I was not at Comair during this time. After reading it I now understand the anger directed toward Comair pilots. However, I still do not understand how it can be directed toward Comair pilots that were not even at the company when this happened.

The only answer I can give you to that is maybe the hiring board might consider that if a cmr pilot was to be interviewed.

I always assumed (and I know what that does) that Delta pilots wanted to get hired into Captain slots and slide Comair guys back into furloughs like many flow through (back) programs. I can't believe we would not hire you as new hires! That is just wrong and I am sorry for that.
Nobody ever wanted to flow back and take your guys' captain slots. It is just more propoganda started by and maintained by the pukes that support the rjdc. We only wanted a pref. treatment to let our furloughees go to the bottom of the cmr list and fly as f/o's to keep flying currency!

The document also did state that we should merge lists as one of the options. The loss of bargaining power by dividing us has cost both pilot groups in a substantial way. I believe that division is something that will continue to hant every pilot group well into the future unless it is resolved. I understand that our senoir pilots wanted something other than a staple. That is not what the majority of our pilots wanted. Just like in any union pilot group the senoir pilots control everything.
The reason not for combining the groups was that the senior cmr pilots wanted a seniority grab. They thought their 15 yrs at cmr deserved them the right to be 767 captains.

As far as the reputation goes...well, I did not write Comair pilots, I just wrote airline pilots. I had heard it growing up as an airline kid from my father and all of his fellow pilots. As I continue to work in the Delta system, new examples reinforce their observation every day.
JK:
The only thing I can tell you is you need to start having a voice. Recalling jc lawson is a start. This jerk has hurt the cmr pilot group more than anything else. Maybe with him being thrown out of office, there can start to be some healing of wounds. But until then, your guys' voice needs to be brought out to the public....LOUD!

Maybe you should compare the two rates when DAL was not in bankruptcy.

If they emerge, and make money, I will wager that you will no longer make what a 12 yr 767 CA makes.

If they return to the pre-9/11 wage scale, Delta will be #1 again. I am actually saddened that Delta has fallen so hard. They are the best airline to fly on as a passenger...just my opinion. Thankfully US ASSWAYS lost their bid on Delta because they are one of the worst to fly on. I hope DALPA wins back ALL CONCESSIONS, and continues to grow into the pre-9/11 powerhouse they once were. As for comparing the two rates when DAL was NOT in bankruptcy...why ? What difference would that make now ? Everyone knows what the payrates were THEN...the current state of things is the real tragedy. This should cause prospective wannabes to think it over before they leap into the "new reality." Of course, all regionals suck and therefore it would be a major step up for ASA or Comair.

Last edited:
What did I do to try and stop it? Well not much. On September 11, 2001 I was taking my instrument check ride. Hired at Comair in 2004.

JK, the only thing I can tell you is that unfortunately you might be lumped in with the knuckleheads at CMR who slammed the door in the face of furloughed ALPA pilots in their time of need. Worse yet, the CMR MEC attempted to extploit the pain these furloughed pilots were suffering and use that to extort contractual concessions from another ALPA pilot group.

When an ALPA MEC Chairman asked you to help their furloughed pilots, you just don't slam the door in their face like the way the CMR pilots did. Your offer to help ought to be unconditional. Unfortunately you are now the victim of the petty and self serving and short sighted agenda of the CMR MEC and the RJDC which was spawned and is supported by CMR pilots.

The fact that you were not on the CMR property during this time might be a mitigating circumstance to consider.

By the way, how long did it take to get rid of Duane Worthless?

Duane Woerth has nothing to do with the actions of the CMR MEC and the CMR pilots who support the RJDC.

So ANYWAY, congrats to the 14 (I think thats the number) new Delta pilots that started today....YAY!

Went to recurrent over the weekend and I haven't seen such a level of optimism since I was hired 7 years ago. Really nice to see. Nice hearing a ton of GOOD rumors for a change too.

oh yeah, F. CMR.

Please resume your bickering. ;)

So ANYWAY, congrats to the 14 (I think thats the number) new Delta pilots that started today....YAY!

Went to recurrent over the weekend and I haven't seen such a level of optimism since I was hired 7 years ago. Really nice to see. Nice hearing a ton of GOOD rumors for a change too.

oh yeah, F. CMR.

Please resume your bickering. ;)

oh yeah, F. CMR. Again, another great example of professionalism. Thanks for your concern.

For someone that goes by the name Johnny Knoxville, you should be able to take a joke. Maybe we should just call you by the name of your TV show.

But as a 3-year furloughee affected by your company's and union's policies, I have no problem with the stark lack of CMR new hires here. I have friends here at DAL that were former CMR, and while furloughed were affected by these same policies...they feel the same way the rest of us do.....happy to help our brothers and sisters from the regionals get a job here, unless you are from CMR...apply somewhere else.

Again, please resume bickering.

As this thread has educated me on the past between Delta and Comair, maybe next time you stop over in CVG I can teach you about the politics of our MEC. By the way, how long did it take to get rid of Duane Worthless?[/quote]

Duane Worthless was not a Delta pilot! Duane was not a part of our MEC! I did however send multiple emails to him, and ALPA national sharing my feelings of him taking a big pay raise while all the ALPA carriers were taking big cuts!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back