• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the guys and gals that I know that have gotten interviews have had someone walk their stuff in. There have been a few people that have not been well connected and not had their stuff walked in that got the call, but the Friends and Family thing has really worked.
I got three people calls yesterday. It lets them know that you have a pilot that is willing to bother you enough for you to spend your off time to come up and see him.

Just out of curiousity, from viewing your profile I would say that you are an ASA pilot, how did you get three people calls for Delta interviews? I agree that walking someone's stuff in makes an impression though.

I'm not a plaintiff, you know that. Delta and the Delta Pilots are not defendants, you know that too.

It has also always been my opinion that not following ALPA's merger and fragmentation policy (or changing it) did more to harm the junior Delta pilots than it did to the intended target. IMHO none of the Delta pilots should have been furloughed - seems like we would agree.... further, the result of following ALPA's policies would have resulted in Delta contracting for the right sized airplanes, which would not be RJ's - seems like we would agree there also. The Delta pilots would have had all the votes of another 4,000 pilots and the best scope in the industry - again would you not agree?

The part we differ on is once flying is put out to bid, the bidding pilots should have the ability to generate their own scope over that flying to end the whipsaw that has lowered the bottom end of this profession (including the Delta rates on airplanes that they will probably order) Comair is in the process of doing that right now with Delta as a party to the PWA and no one seems to be objecting at mainline.

You (meaning the Delta pilots on the board) always said to apply. I'm only taking your advice. But really who cares? As soon as I get out of ASA, I'm done trying to fix ALPA. I'll just support my Rep's, fund the PAC and let them do the work.

Last edited:
I got them interviews by walking their stuff in with another interviewer. That is how.
They were people that if I would put my name to they would walk them in with me.
Quite simple.
Go see him and if he likes what their app has to say he will call them. That is what I have been saying all a long sir.

Last edited:
As a complete side question....

What seats are going to be available in Atlanta for new hires? Last I saw it was primarily 88's and a few NG seats? or are teh 73's in JFK?

And how long to hold 76/77 FO / intl in ATL?

Thanks.

I know that there are some NYC 67ER B seats and 50 ATL 88B seat on the advance entitlement that came out out earlier this week.
From what I am hearing a lot will change system wide when the 75's come on line later this year. FWIW

As a complete side question....

What seats are going to be available in Atlanta for new hires? Last I saw it was primarily 88's and a few NG seats? or are teh 73's in JFK?

And how long to hold 76/77 FO / intl in ATL?

Thanks.

I would guess you will be able to hold int'l f/o in a year or less if we stay to plan. I have been here for over 10 years and still cannot hold 777 f/o.

The Delta pilots would have had all the votes of another 4,000 pilots and the best scope in the industry - again would you not agree?

no I don't agree. Even if we had put the ASA and CMR pilots on our list, our scope would not have changed. We would have still had other DCI carriers, and they would still be bidding against us for flying allowed by the scope.

I'm not a plaintiff, you know that. Delta and the Delta Pilots are not defendants, you know that too.
But you continue to support Dan, John, Jessee and their plight! That makes you a supporter, at the very least!

It has also always been my opinion that not following ALPA's merger and fragmentation policy (or changing it) did more to harm the junior Delta pilots than it did to the intended target. IMHO none of the Delta pilots should have been furloughed - seems like we would agree.... further, the result of following ALPA's policies would have resulted in Delta contracting for the right sized airplanes, which would not be RJ's - seems like we would agree there also. The Delta pilots would have had all the votes of another 4,000 pilots and the best scope in the industry - again would you not agree?
I'm not going to disagree that ALPA has its faults, but it is a necessary evil. When you have that violation, say for failure to hold short, or some other incident, minor or major, who are you going to have defend you against FAA prosecution, Dan Ford et al? The rjdc's answer to todays problems is not the way to go about it, and your pal Breiling is a disgrace to this industry!

The part we differ on is once flying is put out to bid, the bidding pilots should have the ability to generate their own scope over that flying to end the whipsaw that has lowered the bottom end of this profession (including the Delta rates on airplanes that they will probably order) Comair is in the process of doing that right now with Delta as a party to the PWA and no one seems to be objecting at mainline.
Maybe its time to stregnthen scope in your upcoming contract negotiations!

You (meaning the Delta pilots on the board) always said to apply. I'm only taking your advice.
We also asked you to drop your frivilous lawsuit and that isn't happening!

But really who cares? As soon as I get out of ASA, I'm done trying to fix ALPA. I'll just support my Rep's, fund the PAC and let them do the work.
OK, so let me understand this. You're going to continue to NOT support your reps? You're going to continue to continue to support the rjdc? But if hired at DL, all that changes? WHY?
If you're hired at DL, you'll stop supporting Dan, John, Jessee and the rest of the circle jerks over at the rjdc? Why wait to do that when hired on at DL, why not just do it now?
Remember fins, actions speak louder than words.....You've been a vocal minority regarding the rjdc! I would like you to get on here at DL, but you can't have it both ways. How can you constitute fighting the DL pilot group, if you become one as an advocate supporter of the rjdc?
Regards,

737 - This is not the place for this debate, but perhaps we can agree to disagree. I have always had the opinion that ALPA would be a stronger union if all members were allowed to participate equally and the union worked together to accomplish its goals. Flying the Line Volume I (which was given to be by a member of the DAL MEC) pretty much sums up my beliefs in grass roots unionism.

If hired at Delta my opinions will not change. While too much has changed to roll the clock back to 1999 and get all the flying on the Delta list - that is still something that should be aimed for. In the absence of a workable merger and fragmentation policy, ALPA needs to be inclusive and work together to get the proverbial cat back in the bag.

If you look back at the history of the Comair and ASA acquisitions, as well as the management of the Delta Connection growth there was a pivotal point, a crossroads, when Delta bought ASA & Comair. Chuck Giambusso (the Delta MEC Chair at the time) felt keeping a pipeline for military pilots to come in above connection flying was most important. Dan Ford felt keeping the pilot groups together under united ALPA representation was more important.

I think Dan called is right and Chuck called it wrong. History vindicates this position. ALPA needs to have safeguards and a balance of power to prevent mistakes. Right now the RJDC is the only force pushing for the necessary reforms to ensure our union's future. (edited - and ALPA is coming around to adopt some of these positions to give credit where credit is due. Examples include holding company LOA's, Delta being a party to the Connection Pilots' PWA, etc....)

By any measure, from a union perspective, an airline management perspective, an employee's perspective, or as a Delta new hire, I would like to see ALPA's old merger and fragmentation policy restored.

I have supported my Reps, done a little to help them campaign and have worked to try to increase awareness amongst our inexperienced pilot group of what scope is. You Delta guys don't need that sort of info., you already know all about scope. In effect, I could retire the Don Quixote impersonation and just fly airplanes.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Hopefully I can get afford enough beer to get my buddies to walk my app through.

Is the guess that the additional 75's will go senior?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back