DAL getting more 757s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
80for80 said:
So in other words, YOU expect the former pilots of those planes (TWA) to go with the planes to the new operator Delta.

No, I think he is just saying to watch who we hire. We don't wan't a bunch of new pilots chanting "75for75".

NYR

Rumor Mill

My source(s) tell me that we will take delivery over 14 months starting in Jan 07, so spooling up the staffing won't be too difficult. Also, we'll use them maybe SFO-HNL and the like, but don't expect them over the pond (the pax don't like single aisle - oh my).

We're also still looking at the Mad Dogs mentioned in another thread (I'll avoid thread creep).

I hope that this will all be true.

Bill Mostellar said:
My source(s) tell me that we will take delivery over 14 months starting in Jan 07, so spooling up the staffing won't be too difficult. Also, we'll use them maybe SFO-HNL and the like, but don't expect them over the pond (the pax don't like single aisle - oh my).

We're also still looking at the Mad Dogs mentioned in another thread (I'll avoid thread creep).

Continental seems do be using them (wingletted 757s) just fine on the longer, thinner routes from EWR to EDI, LIS, Bristol, etc.

Bill Mostellar said:

So, just what do you call that body of water between SFO and HNL? Since when does mgt. care what the pax likes?

80for80 said:
So, just what do you call that body of water between SFO and HNL? Since when does mgt. care what the pax likes?

Do you have anything constructive to add to this topic??? So far you are 0 for 2.

80for80 said:
So, just what do you call that body of water between SFO and HNL?

I believe the intent was to differentiate between the actual flight time between SFO-HNL and ATL-LGW for example, not necessarily the amount of time over the water. ATL-LGW is an 8+ hour flight, SFO-HNL is a 5+hour flight.

80for80 said:
So in other words, YOU expect the former pilots of those planes (TWA) to go with the planes to the new operator Delta.

No, I was just trying to make a point that when ever a Delta pilot straps into one of those jets, they may take a second or two and remember all the pain and suffering inflicted on the TWA pilot group from AA. And as a byproduct of that pain and suffering those jets are now headed for Delta.

Every time I strapped into an Eastern DC-9 or Ozark DC-9, I used to think about all the hell those guys went through and how weird it was that I was sitting in one of their jets.

Kind of a respect thing is all I was trying to imply. Something you seem to know nothing about.

BigMotorToter said:
No, I was just trying to make a point that when ever a Delta pilot straps into one of those jets, they may take a second or two and remember all the pain and suffering inflicted on the TWA pilot group from AA. And as a byproduct of that pain and suffering those jets are now headed for Delta.

Every time I strapped into an Eastern DC-9 or Ozark DC-9, I used to think about all the hell those guys went through and how weird it was that I was sitting in one of their jets.

Kind of a respect thing is all I was trying to imply. Something you seem to know nothing about.

When I sat down to the panel of a 72 - I thought abou the guys before me who were out of jobs...it sucks all around.
PS - Im still furloughed too

Latest resources

Back