Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 said:
Hot off the DALPA forum.

"Whitehurst just said in the online chat we've entered into agreement to take 10 of the AA 757's, pending court approval. Hope to have them in service by next summer. ETOPS equipped for International service."

With NO more retirements in the near future or even on the horizon - expansion and new AC are the only two ways we will move up...

First, 80for80 is a useless troll. Put him on your ignore list. I've seen him on other threads and he use a blatant flamebaiter.

Second. What equip/domiciles go junior at DAL? I'm assuming MD88 in NYC is near the bottom. Do those guys get a mix of shuttle/see America? How senior is NYC 756 int'l?

I've heard only 500 guys are over 40 at DAL.

GogglesPisano said:
First, 80for80 is a useless troll. Put him on your ignore list. I've seen him on other threads and he use a blatant flamebaiter.

Second. What equip/domiciles go junior at DAL? I'm assuming MD88 in NYC is near the bottom. Do those guys get a mix of shuttle/see America? How senior is NYC 756 int'l?

I've heard only 500 guys are over 40 at DAL.

There are only 250 guys over 55, but a lot over 50. We had many 1988 hires that are now Captains on the 767, and they all are pi$$ed about the pension stuff, since they were so close to age 50 (to take the lump sum) and couldn't do it.(they were 49 but are now over 50) I would say there are over 1000 over 50 years old.

The junior plane is the MD88 Shuttle in NYC, and most of them fly either one, two, or three day trips flying only shuttle flights, which consist of the same pairings for the whole trip usually. So, the first day you start out in LGA at 12noon and go to DCA back and forth for 5 legs between LGA and DCA, ending up there (DCA)at night, and repeating with only LGA and DCA for three days. Same with BOS. The guys who love it live in BOS or DC, since they can be home earning per diem every night. On weekends the Shuttle guys do a little more variety since the business people don't fly as much, and they have turns to MCO or NAS from LGA. There used to be a EWR 4 day for the MD88, but I think that is gone now. I am pretty sure that is correct.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Yeah the only non-shuttle MD88 trips I've seen in the bid packets are just a few trips out of JFK. No EWR.

The most junior NYC 767ER Internatioal FO is around 7 years seniority.

-PF

This was posted on an internal Delta site. I understand that we are still looking to buy MD-80 series aircraft as we are short about 30 for domestic flying.

Item number 2843, filed yesterday, says that DL is making a motion for permission from the court "for entry of an order in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Order”), authorizing Delta to enter into, and to perform its obligations under, a Letter of Intent, dated July 12, 2006 (the “Letter of Intent”), that Delta has negotiated with International Lease Finance Corporation (“ILFC”) and which sets forth certain material
terms and conditions for the lease by Delta from ILFC of ten (10) Boeing B757-200ER aircraft, each including an airframe (the “Airframe”) and two (2) Pratt & Whitney PW2037 engines installed on the Airframe (each, an “Engine”, and together with the Airframe, the “Aircraft”). A full copy of the Letter of Intent has been provided to Chambers and the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors (the “Official Committee”). A redacted copy of the Letter of Intent (with certain confidential and commercially sensitive information deleted) is attached hereto as Exhibit B.2."

= Scheduled Delivery: Delivery of the Aircraft to DAL will be as follows:
SN DOM Delivery Date*
28162 1996 July 15, 2007
27620 1996 July 15, 2007
28165 1997 August 14, 2007
27625 1997 August 15, 2007
28168 1997 September 14, 2007
28163 1997 September 15, 2007
28169 1997 October 15, 2007
27624 1997 October 15, 2007
28173 1997 November 15, 2007
29954 1999 November 15, 2007"

Those are good planes and I believe Delta has been doing the contract mx on them since AA's have different engines.

I've flown them from JFK to BCN before and they did LAX-HNL/KOA just fine.

As for the comment about pilots going with the planes, I think everyone at the legacy carriers (except AA and U/AWA) should think long and hard about how they would want to be treated in a merger/acquisition. It's coming for some of you. Good luck.TC

With these 10 75's coming and talk of more mad dogs will that be sufficient slots to get all of the furloughed guys back?

How many guys are still on the street?

Hopefully light at the end of the tunnel for those on furlough!

legalalien said:
With these 10 75's coming and talk of more mad dogs will that be sufficient slots to get all of the furloughed guys back?

How many guys are still on the street?

When you consider all the factors, the 757s coming, likely some MD80s, and the bypass rate, yes I think the recall will get down to Troy Kane pretty quickly.

Last count there were about 460 still on the street. That does not include those who have been offered recall and chose to bypass.

AMANSWORLD said:
Not trying to be negative but how does a carrier who is in bankruptcy purchase or lease airplanes when they currently have no fiscal plan to emerge for BK.

Same as Northwest getting A330's

michael707767 said:
When you consider all the factors, the 757s coming, likely some MD80s, and the bypass rate, yes I think the recall will get down to Troy Kane pretty quickly.

Last count there were about 460 still on the street. That does not include those who have been offered recall and chose to bypass.

Do you think he will take a recall? Sounds like lots are bypassing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back