DAL getting more 757s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
80for80 said:
Do you think he will take a recall? Sounds like lots are bypassing.

I don't know. I used his name cause he is the bottom guy on the list. I think he will do what's in his best interest and I wish him the best either way. If he does accept recall, I will be there to shake his hand and welcome him back. I look forward to the day when all our pilots are back, or still away from Delta by choice.

sniper said:
Same as Northwest getting A330's

Amazes us too at NWA.........there's a bunch of 787's comming beginning in August of 2008. I've heard that about 35 firm with options on up to 56, including 76 Rolls engines for them.

And amazingly enough, just yesterday the rumor out of our training folks is 747-8 to replace the 747-400 which will turn into freighters.

From what I hear there's no narrowbody orders in the rumor mill.......

From Deltnet

Delta reaches agreement to acquire 757s

Delta has filed a motion with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to lease 10 Boeing 757-200 ER aircraft. COO Jim Whitehurst mentioned the plans during his monthly online chat with employees Thursday. If the court approves the motion, set for a July 26 hearing, Delta would take delivery of the aircraft between July and November of 2007.
“While we haven't announced where we would fly these aircraft, the good news is that these 757s are very versatile and can fly a variety of routes based on their range,” said Whitehurst. “This could include routes to Hawaii, Latin America or short-haul international routes to Western Europe. We need this kind of flexibility as we continue to restructure our fleet and network.”
The transcript of Whitehurst’s chat, which also featured Tony Charaf, s.v.p.-TechOps, will be posted on the Transforming Delta site on DeltaNet soon.

The junior NYC 767 ER (Int'l) guys are mid 2000 hires. Though on military leave as an early 2000 hire, I'd be 310ish of 325. No thanks; when I return I'll take the single digit MD-88 seniority out of 40 and work 0530-1330 monday to thursday doing LGA-DCA or BOS (x2) and pick my kids up from school every day. This makes the shuttle attractive tome; the guys that live in BOS or DC do the 3 day trips and layover at home.

With these 10 jets and rumors of other used 757s and MD-88s, I'd bet we hire off the street within two years. By August only ~420 will be furloughed; many have othe plans and won't return.

Ciou.

B777

Just to stoke the fire some more, I heard from a usually impecable source yestrday while in Seattle that there will be two more B777s within 16 months, maybe more depending on the obvious financial uplifting.

Good luck to all, even the General!

AA717driver said:
Those are good planes and I believe Delta has been doing the contract mx on them since AA's have different engines.

I've flown them from JFK to BCN before and they did LAX-HNL/KOA just fine.

As for the comment about pilots going with the planes, I think everyone at the legacy carriers (except AA and U/AWA) should think long and hard about how they would want to be treated in a merger/acquisition. It's coming for some of you. Good luck.TC

Any prophecies?

GogglesPisano said:
I've heard only 500 guys are over 40 at DAL.

Sorry for my mathematical dyslexia. I meant to say 400 guys over 50.

757 crew I J/S up to LGA yesterday said JK told him (captain) there were 4 to 6 777 supposed to be coming. Not sure where from.
Many thanks for the ride guys!

Spooky 2 said:
Just to stoke the fire some more, I heard from a usually impecable source yestrday while in Seattle that there will be two more B777s within 16 months, maybe more depending on the obvious financial uplifting.

Good luck to all, even the General!

We've had 2 777's on firm order for a few years with scheduled delivery dates for Jan and Feb of '08. This info has been in the annual report since at least 2000. We also have 25 737-800's on firm order (not including those that have been sold).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back