Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FDJ2

Hot off the DALPA forum.

"Whitehurst just said in the online chat we've entered into agreement to take 10 of the AA 757's, pending court approval. Hope to have them in service by next summer. ETOPS equipped for International service."

Delta is going to be hard pressed to crew any new airplanes with the remaining furloughed pilots. Of the 461 pilots not offered recall, only 85 are on the short notice recall list. Maybe they will announce a new hire coordinator this winter or sooner.

NYR

I just hope you Delta guys remember where those ETOPS 757's came from (TWA) They are beautiful birds. Some of the newest 757's around. So much on the rumor that AA was going to keep them. Originally AA wanted to dump 19 of them, so maybe they are keeping the other 9. Pretty surprising AA would sell those planes to a prime competitor.

FDJ2 said:
Hot off the DALPA forum.

"Whitehurst just said in the online chat we've entered into agreement to take 10 of the AA 757's, pending court approval. Hope to have them in service by next summer. ETOPS equipped for International service."

Not trying to be negative but how does a carrier who is in bankruptcy purchase or lease airplanes when they currently have no fiscal plan to emerge for BK.

AMANSWORLD said:
Not trying to be negative but how does a carrier who is in bankruptcy purchase or lease airplanes when they currently have no fiscal plan to emerge for BK.
:rolleyes:Ummmmmmm Maybe some Paper Shuffling? Good news for the Delta group though....Congrats!! That is one Bad@ss airplane!:cool:

BigMotorToter said:
I just hope you Delta guys remember where those ETOPS 757's came from (TWA) They are beautiful birds. Some of the newest 757's around. So much on the rumor that AA was going to keep them. Originally AA wanted to dump 19 of them, so maybe they are keeping the other 9. Pretty surprising AA would sell those planes to a prime competitor.

So in other words, YOU expect the former pilots of those planes (TWA) to go with the planes to the new operator Delta.

AMANSWORLD said:

Air Canada ordered 777s and 787s months after in nearly tipped into liquidation. Financing is based on predictable cash flows to service the debt and Delta has proven that international routes can make a lot of money. The financing should not be that difficult.

I wonder if these birds will be wingletted like the international 757s at Continental to improve range, efficiency, etc.?

80for80 said:
So in other words, YOU expect the former pilots of those planes (TWA) to go with the planes to the new operator Delta.

I didn't perceive that. I think your tone is a wee bit negative. Perhaps you should chill out.

Latest resources

Back