• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

DAL displacement training dates

HS/Lowdrag

Total Time
I am getting displaced off the domestic 767, going to training on the 73N. I have a training date in May. Problem is I am getting married the first week of June. Is it possible to get a earlier training date? Or request a week off during training? Thanks in advance.

Linedriver

Total Time
I am getting displaced off the domestic 767, going to training on the 73N. I have a training date in May. Problem is I am getting married the first week of June. Is it possible to get a earlier training date? Or request a week off during training? Thanks in advance.

Why dont you call your chief pilot and explain the situation. I'm sure they can work with you on rescheduling your training.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
That or call Crew Planning. I am sure they will work something out for you. We are good like that.

regionalcap

Total Time
Or you could spend your honeymoon at the Comfort Inn. Think of all the money that you will save. All seriousness, I'm sure they will work something out for you. Best of luck.

nwaredtail

Total Time
9000+
. Problem is I am getting married the first week of June.

A more true statement has never been spoken.... Guess you see the writing on the wall already ;)

Just remember, there's a reason a bride smiles as she is walking down the aisle, she's given her last__________________.

The reason the groom is smiling, he doesn't know yet.

JimmyKool

Total Time
Slightly off subject but I read that DAL will park 40-50 "mainline" aircraft. Accurate? If so is any of the displacement training being dispaced? I ass-u-me it will be -9's or -88's that get parked and that's probably what people will be getting dispaced to. I ass-u-me.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
There were already announced. Mostly the 757's and 767ER's. A few 88's, but that is it.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
yeah but it is nice to have. I have one and it worked out great when I had family working over there. I could come and go as I pleased!

dbrownie

Total Time

Nothing like a little pressure added to the

training fun fest!

Try to act interested in the napkin colors and which

stamp to use on the invites (while your head swims

with a/c limitations!!!!)

Just kidding, remember she is alot more important to you than your 73 displacement.

Family first. (found out the hard way)

DB

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
Try to act interested in the napkin colors and which stamp to use on the invites (while your head swims with a/c limitations!!!!)

Just do what I did - tell her youre not that into the details; and that since she has been dreaming about it since she was a little girl - who are u to impose on such an important day to her. Worked like a charm; still married after almost 10 years... :)

Hell, I wouldve done it in Bermuda shorts and flip flops...

But, I concur, talk to the CPO, and I am sure they'll make something happen; I've noticed the DL people are pretty good that way...

PSL

Total Time
20K >
Just a little further along than you ... 20 years ...

Your advice is spot on.

Pick your battles ... not too many ... make them count and never back down.

I could care less what color the walls are, the linens, the bed covers ... just so long as the frig has enough room for beer ... bottled water ... the closet has enough room for my jeans and my uniform ... and the garage has enough room for my mid life crisis toy.

Scott

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
Take on much responsibility and be very excited. As you are very busy learning your new plane you may inadvertently do some thing incorrectly. Now she will most likely give you little to no responsibilities. good luck

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
A more true statement has never been spoken.... Guess you see the writing on the wall already ;)

Just remember, there's a reason a bride smiles as she is walking down the aisle, she's given her last__________________.

The reason the groom is smiling, he doesn't know yet.

I was thinking the same thing.

the palm

Total Time
That's what we did,

shorts, flip flops, on a beach in the Keys...

(of course it was both our second wedding)

DB

2nd wedding, proof that love conquers common sense.